The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Respray from silver to kawasaki green???

RisingSunSupra

If you want to change a colour of a car, white is the hardest base colour to work with, the silver car is real easy,

Firstly load your image, choose a colour, select brush and make it a big brush, on the top options under brush make sure you select the colour option,

then just hold your mouse button down and then go over all the bodywork in one go, dont worry about going over lines,

once done, draw around the image and cut it out, copy

open up the original image, then paste your cut out new colour into the original image, then just line it up against the original image,

you know have a second layer, now you can erase parts of the layer which will reveal the original image underneath, so you can erase the windows which might look green.

easy as that

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/5654/1001226reg25lf.th.jpg

As you can see, how over the edges i went with green brush,

If YOU want to do it mate, do it. I have no doubt that there are people who look at CJ's car and ask why, yet I think it looks great. If you go green, you will have the same. As for resale value, if you change the car in any way from standard, you could affect the resale value.

Yes you will narrow your resale market, but then you may find someone who will love it and pay over the odds because they would rather have a car in a different colour as opposed to a regular colour like silver, red, black etc. Just long as you don't expect to recoup the respray money come sale time.

I have recently had my MR2 resprayed in a green and it has really divided opinions. I had some friends look at it yesterday and for the most part they thought it looked amazing, and great that it's different. Yet one friend of mine simply couldn't work out why I did it ! But I did it because I wanted to, bollocks to resale and all that :nyah: Oh, and I had three people take pics of it on their phones whilst it was parked up for half an hour at Tescos yesterday.

It's a difficult choice mate, and an expensive one to get wrong, but it's your car. If you like the colour then why not !!!

All the best mate, it's not an easy decision :thumbs:

Matt

As a lot of other people have said, it is down to you as to whether you want to do it. I can never understand why the owners on the board need to have a concensus of opinion before doing something. It is your car, do what YOU want to do not what others say you should do.

And as for the guys who commented positively on my car - :thanks:

If you want to change a colour of a car, white is the hardest base colour to work with, the silver car is real easy,

Firstly load your image, choose a colour, select brush and make it a big brush, on the top options under brush make sure you select the colour option,

then just hold your mouse button down and then go over all the bodywork in one go, dont worry about going over lines,

once done, draw around the image and cut it out, copy

open up the original image, then paste your cut out new colour into the original image, then just line it up against the original image,

you know have a second layer, now you can erase parts of the layer which will reveal the original image underneath, so you can erase the windows which might look green.,

Tried that... But i can't get the lines, or the light or the badges, in fact you can't see the car as it covers it up with colour :-( - What brush do you use?...

I made the mistake a while ago to ask people to comment on my decals (from Texas) BIG MISTAKE? I decided i like it and dont care what anybody thinks, otherwise it would just be another black sup. Planning to get a second one next year (TT) and EXTREME would be my script