The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Preferences on 18" rims

Mike B

:) Just if anyone is interested I have 2 rear tyres Brand new ( well 20 miles max ) 275/35-18 Verderstein Vortis for sale ... I fitted them to mine and they rubbed on the arches and rather than roll my arches I went back to 265/35-18 instead :rolleyes: they cost me £260 so looking for as close to that back and rather do collection than post if possible ( Manchester area )

Cheers

-Ian-

The only tyres I can recommend through personal experience, are:

Kumho ku39

Hankook ventus v12

Both tyres were excellent, but I can comment on any of those listed in this thread, as I've not tried them

I'd be interested to hear if other people have used the same as me, and ones listed in here, to get a good comparison going

I'll be due some new rubber very soon too

The only tyres I can recommend through personal experience, are:

Kumho ku39

Hankook ventus v12

Both tyres were excellent, but I can comment on any of those listed in this thread, as I've not tried them

I'd be interested to hear if other people have used the same as me, and ones listed in here, to get a good comparison going

I'll be due some new rubber very soon too

/QUOTE]

Not being funny but the 2 tyres you mentioned are a mid range budget tyre and have no chance of putting down 600 brake, ive tried loads of top rated "road" tyres and they`re rubbish with traction required with a decent single supra, which is what the op is asking.

Not being funny but the 2 tyres you mentioned are a mid range budget tyre and have no chance of putting down 600 brake, ive tried loads of top rated "road" tyres and they`re rubbish with traction required with a decent single supra, which is what the op is asking.

Err, that's why I said I'd be interested to hear people's opinions who have tried what I've used, and what's been listed by others - to see if it's worth going for a different type.

I personally had good results with both those tyre models, on a 350bhp mr2 turbo - but as I've also said, I'm due some new tyres soon, so I would like some real world opinions, rather than just "they'd have no chance of putting 600 bhp down"

I`ll be interested to hear your views on them especially knowing you`re not shy on the loud pedal.

Ha,

to be honest I rarely use the car's potential these days, but when you can, and when it's safe, it's quite something.

So many new quick production cars these days I'd like to have a drive in a few of the meaty ones to see how they compare.

Hard to believe that my car is now 17 years old..