The mkiv Supra Owners Club

IPT modified TT auto box valve body

jumpbike

I sent my valve body state side to be reworked by IPT.

The modifications increase the oil flow and pressure inside the box allowing a higher clutch clamping force and increased shift speed all to increase the logitivity of the box under higher power applications.

My engine is swapped into a land cruiser and the shifts are too firm for it having a separate body and chassis etc. It's more suited to cars driven a bit more spirited or maybe do the occasional run up the strip but want to keep their auto.

It has done about 150 miles from being modified on a freshly rebuilt box and was removed last weekend. It is currently covered up to keep it clean.

It cost me an arm and a leg to have done plus the postage to and from the states, including import fees which I for some reason had to pay even though it was already my own property.

I am asking £350

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi jumpbike,

From which model year Supra is coming the valve body?

As far as I am aware, there are different types valve bodies in A340e transmissions and I am not sure if they are interchangable.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.