The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tsia's 1A1 single build

Tsia

Few things that we needed to sort out before it could get a proper boost map - all done and back home on the drive again. An absolute pleasure to drive, feels like a bloody rocket - and sounds like one too on full chat. Really, really happy with the result :D

http://i.imgur.com/hyqPbOg.jpg

Next up is getting that autobox to hold a bit more torque... ;)

Sounds good, but dont tell half the story! What were the figures?

Sounds good, but dont tell half the story! What were the figures?

Hasn't been on a proper dyno yet, but the ECU software said around 470 to the wheels with 1.2 bar of boost. Planning on sorting out the gearbox and then turning the boost up a bit higher.

Sprayed the strut brace to 'fit in' with the rest of the engine bay a bit more (and yes I put the suspension bolts back on before driving it again!)

I think the next few weeks are going to be spent doing 'odds and ends' around the car like this to tidy it up.

Whilst I'm at it, I've had to unplug the traction control motor so that I don't have a speed limiter kicking in. Does anybody know what pins I need to bridge in order to stop the light from flashing on my dashboard, or if I should simply remove the bulb?

• 1 year later...

It's been a long time since I've updated this, so...

Since the last post, the car developed a misfire problem, had that sorted out, all fresh coil packs put in etc. as well as a little tinkering with the map. It now runs beautifully, starts first time and it's like a bloody rocket - ideal! At least, it was until the gearbox decided to quit its job (Stock autobox with two fairly hefty coolers). So, I sourced another TT gearbox and had it shimmed up by DavidP - in the process gaining both a much better cared for gearbox and some solid advice on caring for it going forwards. Plenty of lessons learned that day. Anyway, the gearbox will be replaced on Friday this week to get me back out again.

Having the car 'off the road' does have its benefits though - it meant that I could finally tackle the horrible, flaking-off, gold painted calipers from one of the previous owners.

Before:

After:

Wahey, one task ticked off, ten million more to go! :) Next up is getting the wheels tidied up, as you can probably see from the pictures above, they're not in the best shape. Thankfully, during the downtime diagnosing the misfire, we also had chance to properly fix a small spot of creeping rust around the windscreen. So, the current hit list, as it stands:

• Fit gearbox temperature gauge

• Fit gearbox thermostat

• Refurbish wheels

• Remove redundant electrical devices from inside the car (i.e. the front spoiler controller, traction control switch etc.)

• Replace heater matrix pipe at back of engine bay

• Get the car on the dyno for some actual numbers!

Edited by Tsia (see edit history)