The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems

pedrosixfour

I use this one. Have been really pleased with it. Would recommend fitting solid valve stems so that you can lock the sensors in place.

http://www.tyredog.com.au/store/4-wheel-wtpms/4-wheel-tyre-pressure-monitor-0-to-60-psi.html

I wonder how these measure temp when the body of the sensor is travelling quickly through air external to the wheel as it rotates.

What sort of temp readings do you get?

I wonder how these measure temp when the body of the sensor is travelling quickly through air external to the wheel as it rotates.

And do you need to remove the sensor from the valve to inflate/deflate a tyre?

If that's the case I think the internal sensor arrangement trumps it.

I know you'd be all on for taking the tyre monitoring aspect to the next level with the CAN feature, but how would you rate the Tyresure system for use on track?

It was good, worked well enough for me.

I got a local tire shop to fit all the sensors and then wired in a perm power feed and fixed the unit to the dash :D

Yes I have wondered how it measures the temperature, might be something to do with centrifugal force, warm air molecules pushed towards the sensors? Never really checked temperature tbh, only interested in the pressure.

Shame the set that I got is with the garage waiting to be fitted at the minute. I found a system that has a small screen (1.5 inch or so I'd say) that you install anywhere you like. It's got pressure, rapid deflation sensor and high temp sensors and cost around £150. Looks like this:

Bit difficult to get hold of at the moment though.

Shame the set that I got is with the garage waiting to be fitted at the minute. I found a system that has a small screen (1.5 inch or so I'd say) that you install anywhere you like. ..... Bit difficult to get hold of at the moment though.

That appears to be the same system that Nic directed us to on the IMOC group buy.

• 3 months later...

Well with my new tyres on the way, and my new rims waiting patiently to receive them there wasn't much left to do other than order a TPMS.

So I just bought a kit from the crowd that Bignum linked to, seeing as it is the same kit that was bought in the group buy and there seems to be no problems with it.

£189 for the kit.

£20 postage to Ireland.

The joys of "island" living!