The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Headlight Induction Conversion

lockys96

As far as im aware they are fully legal and you will still pass your MOT with them in.

James

I would seriously look into that a bit further. Or someone or here maybe able to shed some light on this. Arcording to the MOT online "bible" all lights if fitted should be in working order ...so on MOT day you will have one main light only, I'm not convinced that will be legal unless stated for daylight use only MOT????

Anyone know for sure?

Yer that would be a good idea,

Leon has had his light like that for approx 2yrs now with no MOT problems, but then i suppose it all depends on the garage/mot inspecter aswell??

Exactly ..as most of us get tickets with no cats ...shhhhs officer...but them days are slowly coming to an end....so better to be safe.

• 8 months later...

James, what if I have glass headlamps..............

And I remember seeing a catolouge from Japan that had glass headlamps with induction holes. Can anyone order through these catolouges, surely someone with a Jap man connection can.........

Otherwise it would mean me having to switch bck to plastic headlamps, just so I can run with the induction hole......

And who's Sarjo on here, Locky said to speak with him as well...?

Guest gzaerojon

when i get a spare sec i'll be working on this induction headlight idea,

thinking of doing the tube all in perspex to keep the headlight looking crystall clear :)

Guest gzaerojon
But what about glass lights, would this possible......?

i'll have to look around, the only way would be laser cutting

i'll have a spare glass light soon so i'll give it a try :)

I plumbed in a MUCH bigger cold air feed and didn't fcuk my light up in the process...

4" hole through the filler plate beneath the intake and a 4" hose guiding air through it and into the engine bay.

Not a bad idea that Alex, if you see my avatar I have two bellmouths sat at the front that Im sure that idea would tie into lovelly, but the headlamp is for the look of the cosmetics as well as the pratical side of it.........I might do both though if its possible, you can never have to much cold air....