The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'Super spool' kit for Precision turbos

Phlukey

If your talking of your running 2 + bar of boost then your screemer pipe would not be as loud as the same turbo running 0.6 bar , if your running it at 2 bar your using most of the turbo preasure and the screamer / wastegate is only getting rid of exhaust gas to stop the turbo preasure raising past that point . this then is wasted exhaust gas hence the name .

As supraleeturbo is runing wastegate preasure of 0.6 his screamer is going to be alot louder then yours and sounding at alot lower rpm

say you make 2 bar at around 5,500 rpm a little before that point the wastegate starts to open and it start screaming :D and all unwanted exhaust gas made from that point is then dumped .say your turbo can make 3 bar at red line thats just 1 bar of exhuast gas wasted .

but lee or your self make 0.6 bar at around 3,500 and a little before that the wastegate starts to open and its starts screaming and all unwanted exhaust gas from that point is then dumped out the wategate :D , where this would be 2.4 bar of wasted exhaust gas .

This would go the same for having 2 wastegates yes there are 2 but they would both be lower in the gasses they are expelling .

3 bar turbo , 2 bar used , 1 bar wasted , divided by 2 wastegates = 0.5 out of each

This is a great, very well thought out response Mellonman :clap:. It puts into words extremely well what I was mentioning in another thread I posted about screamer pipes....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?317899-Twin-screamer-pipe-sound-clips&highlight=Twin+screamer

You could be the next Chris Wilson at this rate mate lol

This is a great, very well thought out response Mellonman :clap:. It puts into words extremely well what I was mentioning in another thread I posted about screamer pipes....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?317899-Twin-screamer-pipe-sound-clips&highlight=Twin+screamer

You could be the next Chris Wilson at this rate mate lol

I wish ! ! Chris is an engineer god in my eyes . So thanks for the awsome comment :D