The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mercedes E-Class fuel cut???

jamesmark

Having an intermittent issue that has only happened about 10 times since I bought the car (January 14). Under hard acceleration i.e. overtaking or joining motorway the car gets serious kangaroo gas. The only time I felt a similar feeling was when I hit fuel cut in my Supra. If I ease of the accelerator for split second and hard down again all is fine (except one time).

I have changed the 02 sensor as I am also getting really poor MPG, even after professional remap I struggle to get anything over 42mpg (book is 47mpg before remap). This is issue happened before the 02 sensor and remap got done. Car runs perfectly otherwise, no high revs or irregular acceleration, as said it has only happened about 10 times and it is my daily driver.

No warning lights when it happens

No error codes on ECU (had that checked)

Any ideas what else it could be, is it over fuelling or not getting enough fuel? As hoping if issue is related it might solve my rubbish MPG as I claim mileage in my job I stick to 62mph and still only get 42mpg.

Car is an 07 Merc E Class 208 CDi

First thing you need to do is put the standard map back and see what it does, then get it on a computer and check for codes, pending or stored. Failing that, live data will probably need to be examined if there are no codes to go by, but generally, if there's an issue there will be. MAF sensors won't always chuck up codes either but with a decent computer plugged into it, it shouldn't be too hard to work out.

Yeah, standard map is going to be tricky unless I lose the map that is in there.

But it done it before the map was put on too. The only faults it has ever thrown is when 02 sensor needed replacing.

Was hoping for maybe a quick win sort of thing, without too much messing. As car is on borrowed time as I have a job that I claim mileage and the Merc is not fragile on fuel even without issue. Also even though it's estate I am going to be a dad next April :D so with family etc I thought no better time to get rid and get an S Max or Galaxy.