The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Manual 6-speed...?

MAD-MAX

Stick to you guns sir, don't let the the cloth-clad cheapo types put you off ;)

Nothing beats sinking into a lovely warm, real ivory leather seat in the winter while seeing -5 on the temp display... they just don't understand :D

I love listening to my high-flow fuel pump pressurise my fuel rail that ends into 550cc injectors.

I'm running 18psi now and I had to take off 33% (thirty three!) fuel to bring it down to decent levels :nyah:

The ECU is also geared around the large injectors, no need to cheat it into thinking they are something else.

I love how my auto has another radiator on the passenger side, and I love my rear diff having a cooler (OK, that's not 100% needed and is prone to leaking later on...)

I love how my CD-changer is waiting there to be filled with prog-rock crap from the seventies :read:

I love how my PAS and my speedometer work properly, not hacked from some backyard km->mph 'mod'

I love how my headlights are made out of GLASS (blondie) and do not need to be stuck in the oven to get rid of the yellow tint :nyah:

I love how I've got the service history from DAY ONE, and I can verify my (admitedly high) mileage. At least it's real.

I love how my long-duration, high-lift inlet cam comes on torque.

I love knowing that my turbine wheels are not glued to the shafts, and will not fly off the exhaust while doing higher boost.

I love having a larger A/R ratio on my little turbos

I love the way my bonnet scoop blows cool air on my exh manifold

Chicks dig the dildoes too :rolleyes:

awww you UK spec guys are so defensive ;) is it because you paid the premium for all of that :p

Anyway lets not bicker, both cars are great and essentially they are both the same! People have extracted just about the most bhp you can get from stock turbos using 440cc injectors, like I said before, if you want serious tuning then uk spec offers little to nothing useful other than those 4 pot brakes - which I must buy soon lol

anyway one thing that really is worth having on a stock car is less lag, that is a tangible benefit offered by the j-spec actually worth worrying about.

IIRC doesn't the j-spec produce more torque anyway? Could be wrong there so I stand to be corrected on that one.

Anyway I think we should both be happy, I'm totally happy with my choice and nothing on earth would make me swap for an auto uk spec, I'm sure you feel the same, each to their own and enjoy it :D :woot:

I love how my headlights are made out of GLASS (blondie) and do not need to be stuck in the oven to get rid of the yellow tint :nyah:

hate to correct ya when you're enjoying yourself so much, but the lights are put in the oven to re-seal them so they dont get condensation in (which sometimes happens on older cars), not to take the yellow tint off the plastic, that has to be T-cut. :)

awww you UK spec guys are so defensive ;) is it because you paid the premium for all of that :p

Which is usually clawed back from cheaper insurance.. sadly Im not in that lucky group :D

BTW whos the JDM owner talking about why he bought his car and what he likes and doesnt.. defensive? :D

I paid less than most people here, I was lucky I guess...

... if you want serious tuning then uk spec offers little to nothing useful other than those 4 pot brakes - which I must buy soon lol

That's true, if you really are about to build a 600+ beast then most of these parts will have to be changed anyway.

anyway one thing that really is worth having on a stock car is less lag, that is a tangible benefit offered by the j-spec actually worth worrying about.

I wouldn't mind having some more response down low, I admit that.

Wouldn't mind having an aerotopTT either

hell, I wouldn't mind having a late VVTi....

(traitor, traitor they cry....)

Aero-top only for me which leaves me no choice but an auto J-spec. That said after I reached the pinnacle BPU++ TT I find myself faced with selling the damn thing less than a year after I finally managed to buy one. Guts me to sell it for a major loss as well.

One question for everyone if J-spec tubbies and injectors are so pants why is my car putting out 474bhp with both as stock? My turbo's so far don't seem to mind 1.2 bar of boost either.

Exactly, they are not pants, just needs the appropriate tuning which you have obviously done nicely! What ecu/ fuel controller are you running?

Why are you selling, sounds like a real shame.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=42405&page=1

Gives you the stats for whats fitted basically stock ECU stock fuel control stock injectors stock tubbies.

I'm selling as I need a bigger car with back seats you can use basically. I've hinted at it enough but I've got a sprog on the way and my priorities have changed lol.

hate to correct ya when you're enjoying yourself so much, but the lights are put in the oven to re-seal them so they dont get condensation in (which sometimes happens on older cars), not to take the yellow tint off the plastic, that has to be T-cut. :)

I stand corrected :ecstatic:

This sort of threads were much more fun with the Dude, weren't they?

Wow, that's a lot of power. Makes a mockery of many singles, doesn't it?

I only wish mine could push this much at 1.2 bar.

Yeah thats the fly calculated figure with transmision losses of 19.summat % as quoted by Thor. The actual figure at the hubs is 395.2 bhp. If a single aint making that sort of power then its a bit of a pants setup. That said I'm not sure how much further than this I would want to go with the stock head securing bolts or studs or whatever. I think minimum I would want to go to ARP stuff to make sure the head stayed on LOL.

If you look at the spares on mine and add them up the cams and water injection etc would buy you a single kit, but I like my twins. When my aristo gets here I won't be looking to single it I'll be wanting to bigger twin it. :)

In a couple of weeks I'm gonna have mine on a hub dyno, similar to that of Thor, trying a few combos.

Quite curious to see what 'hub' figures I'll get (salt, pinch, large, ahem) but for comparative purposes they must be pretty good, I expect them to be very repeatable.