The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra or not?

Fleemon

NA Auto all the way,don't forget back in 1993 people were still thinking the Ford Capri 2.8 Injection was amazing with 160 BHP so 220 BHP from a normal 3.0 Ltr engine was pretty good.

Spanks all the other NA offerings Nissan 300ZX ,Skyline and Mitsubishi GTO.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from finland! This is my first post here, so be gentle.... :p

I think that SZR is a perfect car for OP. I think he loves n/a engines because he drives honda, and 2jz-ge is a great engine. Thing is, that Supra is another level as a car if you compared it against Civic. It has RWD, better weight distribution and better aero so it is a excellent driving tool in every situation. Great and a very satisfying car to drive! (And has a lot of potential...)

I have a SZR with Turbo model suspension+wheels, LSD and ABS-brakes, all factory fitted. Turbo Supra was a beast, it could do skidpad test a 0,98g with early 90's tires! Makes me wonder, how good Supra is in skidpad with modern and sticky tires... Imagine that performance with less power AND weight and you have a SZR. I think it's a real hidden gem in a Supra lineup.

I would say go to manual, cos i think you like to change gears anyway and SZR is manual only. You are little tight on budget, i think. So be fast when you find the right car. Supra is so desirable car that people will buy even those RHD-models around the europe and eventually it will lift up prices even in britain. I heard that even in japan Supra is getting harder and harder to find... :Pling:

Sorry about the bad english. :taped:

Edited by LasseV (see edit history)