The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supercar Event Dunsfold Top Gear Track 21st June - 22nd June

GlennK

I've now got the club discount code for those wishing to support the Children's Trust and come along for a fun day.

Code to use when booking online is: CARSSS

The details are below:

When: 21-22 June

Times: 9am-4.30pm

Where: Dunsfold Park, the home of Top Gear

Dunsfold Park

Stovolds Hill

Cranleigh

Surrey GU6 8HY

Access via Compass gate

TO BOOK YOUR TICKETS NOW PLEASE GO TO:

http://www.seetickets.com/tour/the-supercar-event-2014

Booking fees will apply go to See Tickets for full information

FULL DETAILS AVAILABLE ON THE SUPERCAR EVENT WEBSITE:

http://www.thesupercarevent.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've just seen this thread... :banghead:

Is it too late to get space on a club stand? (Are two cars enough...? :D)

What day were you planning on going, Glenn? I'm working until 1230 on the Saturday so wouldn't get there until 1330-1400, but I'm off all day on the Sunday if that works? I quite enjoyed having a wander around this event last year so I'm up for a repeat. :)

I'm on the track Saturday Dave so will be parked in the paddock area.

I think Lee P and Jamie P are going too. I'll see about getting the club stand area in front of the aircraft like last year for Saturday - and maybe both days.

If the car behaves itself I might be up for both days going round the circuit. Also depends on this British Summer weather...:rolleyes:

I asked to be put on the Volunteer list last year - and it took till April this year to get on the preferred list of around 130 cars...

And it's going to be an early start on Saturday - Get to Dunsfold 0745 for car inspection and driver checks. Then Track briefing then sighting of the circuit. The 0900 the fun starts... then 1700 I can rest before going home!

I asked to be put on the Volunteer list last year - and it took till April this year to get on the preferred list of around 130 cars...

And it's going to be an early start on Saturday - Get to Dunsfold 0745 for car inspection and driver checks. Then Track briefing then sighting of the circuit. The 0900 the fun starts... then 1700 I can rest before going home!

So very little chance of getting something similar squared away at a week's notice then...? :innocent: :D

Well, I tried to get hold of the stand organisers but they're not in. Probably doing site prep for tomorrow.

I'l arrive early tomorrow so will tell the parking attendants that any MKIVSupra club member should park up in front of the Dakota same as last year.

So when you arrive just say that to the attendants...should be ok.

Well the list was an epic fail... :rlol:

But I'll see those who DO attend this afternoon. :)

Glenn if the Dakota area turns out not to be workable for us can you post it on here please so I don't have a row with the inevitable surly jobsworth - :rolleyes: - that will be policing the parking...? :)

But what an amazing day! The car behaved superbly. I had one thermal cutout and on the 14th run of 3 laps I had a slight misfire under full boost. Let it cool off for 30 minutes then the final and 15th run of 3 laps went through very fast and fault free.

The only cars I had trouble with were:

Aventador - Gumball edition

Ferrari F12

GT3RS

RS8

A GTR...

And I really needed the paddle shifts!! Oh well. Next time...

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/100079602092937092522/albums/6027451315726029041

It was a blag today! Somehow I got in without paying - :shrug: - then almost ended up on the track because someone directed me to the wrong place, then parked - I think - in a staff only area... :D Weird day!

I had a good time though and signed up to volunteer to drive next year - I saw you going out, Glenn and it looked like great fun. :cool:

There was a crowd of people around my car as I went to leave the event, so I felt like a rock star or something showing her off! It was good to see that a Supra can attract loads of attention even among a collection of fancy supercars. :) I also got held up by a Ferrari on the way home... :D

Good one Dave. Yeah most of the Ferraris are slow...I'm having a rest day so won't be down on the track today. But I will be next year for sure. And with paddle shift working. I will post up the event details for 2015 in the coming months and I hope we get a list of attendees so we can get a proper club stand next year!