The mkiv Supra Owners Club

the old wheel thing

eyefi

The problem is you just cant be sure what will and what wont fit. There are various measurements around that give an idea but the calipers are just so large that you have to actually try a set of wheels on a car with the UK brakes to make sure.

Thats why Im going to stock 17s so I can be sure they will fit, they might not be everybodys choice of wheels but I think they look pretty good and will do me for a while.

JB

cheers guys its a start. this is turning into a nightmare, does the same problem exist with brembo / ap / etc kits, or is it just the uk brakes that stick out so far.

so its the old catch22, cant put the brakes on cos the wheels i have wont fit, cant test wheels cos i cant put the brakes on.......hmmmm.

also every wheel web site with a fitment guide brings up nothing for supra or a load of missized cr@p that wont fit or is 7" wide. there's not alot out there thats correct sizes, nevermind clears the big calipers.

I think that BIG brakes kits make the job even more difficult - AP brakes were designed to be used with Blitz Z1's  I think and there's not a lot else that will fit them.

I dunno, after reading about all the deforming, ill-fitting, corroding, expensive, hard to find wheels that people have bought, don't the stock ones seem awfully tempting? :)

Quote: from Adam Wootten on 10:28 am on Feb. 20, 2002[br]I think that BIG brakes kits make the job even more difficult - AP brakes were designed to be used with Blitz Z1's  I think and there's not a lot else that will fit them.

I dunno, after reading about all the deforming, ill-fitting, corroding, expensive, hard to find wheels that people have bought, don't the stock ones seem awfully tempting? :)

yes, see the post in for sale / wanted. anyone any ideas where i might get some from (having just missed out on 2 members sets). There must be quite a few sets laying around taking up space :)