The mkiv Supra Owners Club

'A Plan' Insurance WARNING

Rich

Right guys I've not posted on this site for some while now but thought you guys ought to know about how these guys at A plan Abingdon operate when you cancel your policy mid term.Absolutely DISGRACEFUL treatment of a loyal customer of 7 years!

I have insured 2 Toyota supra's and then also used them to insure 3 different work vans . All was fine until I changed vehicles mid policy. They pushed the premium up £250 for the identical vehicle just 3 years newer which I thought was just a little excessive! This boosted my premium up to around. £1200 for the year . So I checked on compare the market as alarm bells had rung about these guys. Turned out most of the other companies were around £450 for the year so basically a plan have been creeping my premium up every time I renewed over the last few years! Now I guess its my own fault for being somewhat naive as I thought that these guys would look after me due to me insuring so many vehicles with them. I was SO wrong. Just to add insult to injury when I cancelled my policy ( which I paid monthly @ £125 a month ) I was told I must pay a cancellation fee of £220 ! Fuming was not the word ! The reason apparently was when you pay monthly I have taken a loan out with their finance company and I must pay all the interest on the loan now even though there is still 8 months of the policy remaining , 2 administration fees- one from a plan of £25 and one from the finance company £25 . Considering I paid a whopping deposit up front and paid for each insurance month at the start I think its daylight robbery! I feel violated.

I would advise any one thinking of dealing with these bandits to think twice! Especially if you change your vehicle , mod your vehicle , have an accident or need to cancel your policy for any reason on monthly payments as they will most likely take you to the CLEANERS !

Edited by Rich (see edit history)

Sounds like a typical insurance company "checking your pockets" on the way out. I hate dealing with them generally but I have found Lynbrook for the Supe and LV for the Volvo good and I have made adjustments to those policies mid term for relatively small fees, if none at all.

H.