The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project: Good things come to those who wait...apparantly!

Poshmalc

I've been working on a set of facelift rear lights for the last couple of weeks and now I can finally unveil them in all their led goodness. I'm not entirely happy with the finish, as it's pretty hard to cut carbon fibre to size and not scratch the inside of the lights but as first efforts go, it's a pretty good try!

• 3 months later...

After a pretty hectic summer, I thought I'd take the time to fill you in on what's been happening with the Supra. After putting up with god awful brakes for around six months, I thought it was about time I finally did something about it. I pulled apart my four pots and rebuilt them using new seals, pins and clips and greased everything to make sure they don't get gunked up again in the future. The pistons had been stuck solid and when I removed the brake pads, they crumbled in my hands, bloody lucky I checked them out when I did. Now, the stopping power is bloody unbelievable and it stops just as well as it goes.

During the summer I used the car more than ever before and the Supra was given its very last tax disc and a trip to JAE to show off its devilishly handsome looks.

Before JAE, I was pretty undecided in which direction to take the Supra and I tried out a few graphics to give the car an instant makeover...big mistake. After forking out around £180 on vinyl graphics, I ripped them off within a week and chucked them in the bin. I suppose it's at least a result that I could see that they looked gash straight away. The Motul sunstrip however has remained and I think it looks pretty cool.

My latest two additions are completely revolving around image haha! I ordered a new personal plate from the DVLA and a Jimmy Up steering wheel from the States, just to show the young uns I still now what this game is all about. ;) Not only is it incredibly current, I reckon it looks fantastic with all my interior carbon. It will be staying.

I'm off for a 400 odd mile round trip on the weekend, so it'll be another great chance for the Sup to stretch its legs and put a few smiles on peoples faces.

Let me know what you guys are thinking!

Matt

Edited by Poshmalc (see edit history)