The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABS wheel speed sensors

ttsupra97

ttsupra97

Definitely get the DAT file that Phil is giving you downloaded to the RLTC as soon as possible.   The default file that is supplied with the system is NOT suitable at all for a Supra (4 cylinder, no cut tables etec.etc).     once you've got a decent DAT file downloaded (all you need is a laptop with an RS232 serial interface (9-pin, 5 above 4), Graham Rudd's interface (RLTC Settings.exe) and the right DAT file and you're in business.    

Graham Rudd's application makes it a piece of cake to play around with all the settings.    Most of them aren't hard to figure out, with some help from the RLTC manual.

After downloading the DAT file, try it out on a n empty road on different slip settings to get a feel for how much "assistance" you feel comfortable with.

Let us know how you get on.

fire away with any questions.

cheers

Stu

ttsupra97

hi mate i am not good with electrics dad is ok but was thinking of ringing RACELOGIC up see how much they charge to fit it.after all i dont want a bodge install and they will know there product.

is there any other places up north that do install,or any of you guys do installs.

i cant wait to get it fitted it sounds a good bit of kit,i would be intrested in the dat file if it is possible to have a copy

thanks for the info

MONKEYmark

leeds

I will send you a copy of the last version Graham sent me some time back. He is still doing some development work, so more features are coming. This version is fine for loading and playing with settings and live monitoring of data (for your passenger.) In fact everything you need unless you want  to monitor recorded files. A copy  is on its way to you now.

• 11 years later...

Thread revival, I've had a go at installing my rltc unit today but its only picking up one of the wheel sensors, this is just to remind myself that this thread is the pinouts to use for the ABS sensors on RLTC install on a facelift non vvti (thanks ttsupra97) , I was using the pinouts for the pre facelift j-spec :(

Hopefully this will be sorted by tomorrow, I love this forum :)

Tom,

I've just removed my ABS ECU pn. 89541-14040 and checked the toyota wiring diagram and it appears mine is the w/o TRC diagram.

On the 2 plugs into the ABS ecu the RLTC was connected as follows.

Plug A26, pin 9 FL+ left front speed sensor. White plug wire to Red wire from RLTC tapped into it.

Plug A26, pin 16 FR+, right front speed sensor. Red plug wire to Blue wire from RLTC tapped into it.

Plug A27, pin 8, RR+, right rear speed sensor. Blue plug wire to Yellow wire from RLTC tapped into it

Plug A27, pin 9, RL+, left rear speed sensor. Purple plug wire to Green wire from RLTC tapped into it.

Hope this helps.

Tom,

I've just removed my ABS ECU pn. 89541-14040 and checked the toyota wiring diagram and it appears mine is the w/o TRC diagram.

On the 2 plugs into the ABS ecu the RLTC was connected as follows.

Plug A26, pin 9 FL+ left front speed sensor. White plug wire to Red wire from RLTC tapped into it.

Plug A26, pin 16 FR+, right front speed sensor. Red plug wire to Blue wire from RLTC tapped into it.

Plug A27, pin 8, RR+, right rear speed sensor. Blue plug wire to Yellow wire from RLTC tapped into it

Plug A27, pin 9, RL+, left rear speed sensor. Purple plug wire to Green wire from RLTC tapped into it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Mark, sorted now, my car uses the VVTi ABS ecu even though it's not a VVTi, got a bit more fiddling to do including getting the laptop to connect to the unit but the wiring was a success :thumbs: