The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra retro cool or just an old car?

JamieP

The Supra is a great car, but the classic from that era is the R34 GTR, sadly. They just hold incredible money.

I'll always like the Supra, but I think Jamie is right - but the audience is probably the wrong one and not subjective. Given the choice, personally, of an R34 GTR or a Supra TT6, I'd take the Supra.

I've always thought of the 2000GT as the Japanese DB5. Absolutely stunning car!

I don't think the mkiv is quite a retro car just yet as it's still too young, but it is a good looking car even by today's standards. I just hope that they last another 20 years as they are starting to show their age mechanically now, and the shear cost of maintenance can be off putting at times! Whatever happens though, I think it has already achieved iconic status for its era and the stock ones out there will start to go up in value in the over the next decade or so, and the modified ones will mostly get broken for parts or crashed :(