The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do i stop my brakes rattleing

neilg

The calipers have only been on the car for a few months so there still near enough new. Should come to bits fine. Ill get these anti rattle things fitted and see if it solves the problem. Ill let you know. Thanks for your help merckx and everyone else its appriciated :thumbs:

• 1 month later...
Just discovered that I have major vertical play in the lower control arm balljoint. Might be worth you checking also.

The clonking noise when slowing down hasn't come back since it went away almost 2 months ago after replacing the upper left contol arm and the stabiliser bar links.

It now clonks a bit when I reverse slowly out of a parking bay then stop! :shrug:

The clonking noise when slowing down hasn't come back since it went away almost 2 months ago after replacing the upper left contol arm and the stabiliser bar links.

It now clonks a bit when I reverse slowly out of a parking bay then stop! :shrug:

its the pads rocking in the calipers, i think..

what brake pads are you using?? mine do it and there red stuff, my saxo did it all the time with ebc, just changed to new set of green stuff on it and they work a f**kin tight fit so i have no clunking anymore.

tt steve.

its the pads rocking in the calipers, i think..

what brake pads are you using?? mine do it and there red stuff, my saxo did it all the time with ebc, just changed to new set of green stuff on it and they work a f**kin tight fit so i have no clunking anymore.

tt steve.

I get the pad-moving click, but this is a clonk, and sounds like the disc knocking against the wheel studs but I can't see why this would occur. The disc does definately have holes which are oversized for the studs..