My Supra

Ian.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit of an update, not the good type though :(

With a week off work & nothing to fill my time with, It was finally time to get it dynoed & see what power its putting out. Booked it in for today at GotBoost in Bridgend. I've used his dyno quite a few times in the past & know its pretty accurate.

So, car loaded up

Only pic I took of it, after seeing the figures it was pulling I was too busy crying to take any more :(

And the dyno charts that everyone has been eagerly anticipating

Yes, that is 319 RWHP :(

Disappointed would be a massive understatement of how I feel at the moment.

It seems that the car has a few running issues at the moment. Its not quite running on all 6 cylinders. There is a definite change in exhaust tone when the boost kicks in & there is a lot (and I mean a lot) of black smoke when boosting. It seems to be dropping a cylinder when the boost comes on. First thing I need to check is the coil packs & also the battery wiring seeing as that is in a right mess and unless i hold the cables at the right angles I cant even get the ignition on let alone start the car.

We checked for boost leaks & found none, it holds 1.3 bar until the redline & AFRs all seem pretty spot on

As it is, I'm gonna have to withdraw the for sale ad until I know what is wrong with the car & why its not performing as it should be.