The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Pump ECU and twin uprated pumps.

Here is a question for you all....

The Soarer runs a separate ecu for the fuel pump (it can also be the cause or starting and running problems) so that on low demand it runs on 9v and the pump goes slow, on high demand it goes to 12v and the pump runs faster.

Does the Supra have anything like this?

And next question is, I have gone from one walbro pump to two, do I by pass the pump ecu an do a direct feed from the battery via a relay and the ignition switch? I am using an Apexi Power FC ecu, will this have a feature to run the pump at multi speeds?

Any suggestions?

yes they have the exact same thing, you can use a relay off the 9v feed to perminatly give the pump 12v and still cuts out in a crash ,

direct from the battery will not cut out in the event of a crash so could be very dangerous.

http://www.mkiv.co.uk/vbb/showthread.php?272714-12v-mod-will-this-work

but if your running twin pumps then you may need to upgrade the wiring