The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Piggyback ECU for single???

Hassan

Don't take short cuts. Do it proper.. I wouldn't go piggy back on a single. Its likely you will get piss poor results.

Save and go Syvecs. Then you can get proper traction and proper mapping. I paid about £2000 fitted and supplied for my Syvecs system

If you can afford a good turbo conversion, you can afford to wait for Syvecs. Do it piece bu piece maybe. Thats what I did. Got Syvecs well before single turbo and I had a 455BHP BPU Supra ;)

Don't take short cuts. Do it proper.. I wouldn't go piggy back on a single. Its likely you will get piss poor results.

Save and go Syvecs. Then you can get proper traction and proper mapping. I paid about £2000 fitted and supplied for my Syvecs system

If you can afford a good turbo conversion, you can afford to wait for Syvecs. Do it piece bu piece maybe. Thats what I did. Got Syvecs well before single turbo and I had a 455BHP BPU Supra ;)

In the grand scale of a sensible 600 BHP single turbo build the cost of a decent standalone, current ECU is incidental, to be brutally honest.

I agree with the above..!

When I started my build I too thought I could save by buying an used Fcon Vpro, but when the ECU arrived and I saw the confusion of all the wires and the fact that the total cost in parts by then totaled past 15k so I figured I am better sell the Fcon and get a Syvec. This way I am able to better protect my investment and increase drivers satisfaction. It makes sense, as you will find out as you get well into the single turbo conversion...!