The mkiv Supra Owners Club

alloy wheel refurbishment - North East.

kitch79

Hi guys, I've been looking to get some new or used 18' wheels, with staggered fitment for my soon to be arriving Supra for weeks now. After scanning through literally hundreds of photos of great looking supras, I still believe that a nice fitting white wheel looks best on a white Supra,... (IMO) followed by a gun metal greyish one!

If my bank balance was endless Id just go out and find some glorious Volk racing wheels, But sadly buying the car has left me near skint :-(

What Im trying to find out is, do any of you guys recommend a top notch alloy wheel refurbishment company in the North East, and can they match the, Super White II (040) colour my Supra is?

Cost, Examples, links, be much appreciated.

Cheers, Danny.

Hi Danny.

I once used a place called Romax in Stockton to repair some kerb damage to my wheels. They turned out ok. SEM in Sunderland also have good reports but I've not heard if either places are still open these days. Ive had my wheels back from Speedwells and they are pristine! see here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?224608-Wheel-repair-amp-refurbishment-powder-coating-services

Yep its Romax all the way for me too. Used them 4 times on 4 different sets of wheels and always a very high quality service. One day turn around and prices for 18" is around £50 per wheel.

Now if you dont mind waiting 3 days there is a place in Bradford called CAS coatings who only charge £1 per inch and if you pay cash they don't even add VAT. Good finish as I used them recently on some wheels and metal garden furniture. I work in Bradford and live in Middlesbrough hence these opinions.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers guys. Ive used romax years ago to recon some celica wheels, did an ok job, but it was just to sell the car so wasnt to arsed. Theyre just lazy... closed weekends and shut 1230 fridays last I remember.

Anyhoo, I was toying with the idea of buying a set of wheels off here, and reconning them white. But since changed my mind on the wheels. (Didnt start to buy them btw, didnt pull out of a deal or anything ha)

The speedwells pics look gooooood!

Thanks.