The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wish list

Jezz

It is a 'real' aero, but i'm just concerned as to wether bangin a six speed box in will cause some real 'flex' on gearchange. Surely this is why mr t didnt make the aero tt 6spd? I think the miami gt roll cage looks as though its just a four point item that sits just behind the rear of the aero roof line? Can anyone help with this?

Unless the forward most brace point is connected forward of the drivers door latch point (ideally it should be triangular to the firewall area) it will make NO difference to longitudinal stiffness - which is what any aero/cabriolet lacks

It WILL increase the stiffness in the rear but this might not be a good effect in an aero as it will make scuttle shake more pronounced. Not what you'd be looking for if improved handling is your aim.

Nope. The yanks got TT 6spd Aerotops.

I thought yours was a 6spd TT aerotop. Are you just thinking about it? I thought you were saying that it was one.. :yawn: ;)

It will be as soon as i drop the bits in that are sitting in front of me! And i know what you mean...i've read it a thousand times 'i'm going to do a 6spd aero'. Only difference is, i AM going to do it. :D

Unless the forward most brace point is connected forward of the drivers door latch point (ideally it should be triangular to the firewall area) it will make NO difference to longitudinal stiffness - which is what any aero/cabriolet lacks

It WILL increase the stiffness in the rear but this might not be a good effect in an aero as it will make scuttle shake more pronounced. Not what you'd be looking for if improved handling is your aim.

Could any monster sized braces be fitted diagonaly between the chassis rails?????