The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New guy looking for a supra to look around

chris0132

Thanks again mate told the mrs and she was like as long as you don't have to pay any more on insurance so my goal is to ind some cheap quotes to shut her up and help me get one ASAP

Your car looked gorgeous mate drove so well too can't wait to get one now just glad you have me a heads up on some of the things to look out for

Im sure you will get a good quote, just remember to add a few drivers that are older if you can, brings it down a lot :)

Cheers, she is looking better now, just a few bits that need sorting like i said. Definitely looked better than it did yesterday, was in the need of the wash and polish.

Finally got round to do this but these are my previous cars my mr2 was standard when i got it and I did all the bodywork paint myself with my dad here is what she looked like when I finished it image

imageimage

Here's my Lexus now the one that'll be going to make room for a supra imageimageimage

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366910315.585612.jpg

I wish, I'm struggling for insurance at the moment got 1600 the best :-/

thats not good. Did you try elephant? Remember to add a couple people to your policy too and play with the value of your car figure too. If you ever work for yourself at any point too put your job title as self employed as that reduces insurance too.

Yh elephant was 2300 lol god knows why that's with my mrs and my dad on it but I'm gonna phone flux tomorrow and see what they say gonna blag I've found it cheaper and hope they can match it to keep me as a customer

Gettin withdrawal symptoms from supras now haha

Flux were good for me im paying 900 on my import sz-r

I agree with the above comment though if your planning TT conversions or NA-T defo hold out for a facelift 6 speed model, i wish i did but i didnt realise facelift szr came with 6 speed till after i bought mine :(

My insurance wasn't to bad through my stages :-

First supra - 1994 NA auto - £1400 FC through adrian flux (had 9 points)

second supra - 1996 TT auto (bpu) - £1200 FC through sky (0 points)

third supra - 1994 TT auto (bpu+) - £650 FC through sky (0 points)

Im 25 and have been driving 8 (nearly 9 years) with full NCB

Right I've found cheap enough insurance now just need to either swap my Lexus or sell it I've emailed a guy on here with a white manual na on gumtree to see whether he'd swap but I doubt it'll happen his is the white manual one on lenso wheels but it can come on gold standard wheels for less anyone know if that cars ok as it says its got a gearbox out of a hilux in it?