The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Possible warped discs.

Graham1984

I was laughing at the start as it said about "performance cars" and mine is urmmm......

Interesting read though, I didn't understand loads either :D

If the discs are getting very hot i'd be checking the calipers before fitting new discs to

make sure the pistons and slide pins aren't sticking.

There is more of a lip on the outer edge of the disc especially by the calipers, I am pretty confident that the brake discs have just started to come to the end of their lives.

Guest Budz86

Easy way to get an idea if the calipers are sticking is when you get back from a longish drive (30 mins should be fine) touch the wheel and see if it's hot. Disk will always be warm but the wheel shouldn't be. If it is, the friction from the brakes being applied constantly will be the cause. Obviously this is likely to be less obvious if the last few minutes is slow, stop/start kinda driving.

Or you could take the wheel off and check the proper way! :)

Easy way to get an idea if the calipers are sticking is when you get back from a longish drive (30 mins should be fine) touch the wheel and see if it's hot. Disk will always be warm but the wheel shouldn't be. If it is, the friction from the brakes being applied constantly will be the cause. Obviously this is likely to be less obvious if the last few minutes is slow, stop/start kinda driving.

Or you could take the wheel off and check the proper way! :)

The wheel was cold yesterday it was just the disc that was smoking hot, I can feel the lip on the disc more so by the caliper. When the pads were changed a couple of months ago the caliper was fine.