The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BOVs (again I know)

nickyboy

lol didn't expect it to be mate (not as brave as that... I saw the size of you at TOTB lol). I know traders that have slagged them off before. Maybe it was their old stuff they were having a dig at or just the fact their kits are very cheap. I'm currently going single with a SS autochrome manifold, wastegate, downpipe and BOV ;) Not brave enough to use their turbo tho!

So options are:

1 An aftermarket recir BOV - not worth it

2 An aftermarket vent to atmosphere BOV - likely to mess up fuelling

3 An aftermarket part recirc part vent to atmosphere BOV - likely to mess up fuellin less

4 An aftermarket vent to atmosphere BOV with SAFC - unnecessary expense

Conclusion: stick with stock for now

Thoughts?

Guest chiefvinso

Sorry to hijack thread, but reading about AFM's earlier it has prompted me to ask:I was hoping to get a BOV for my 96 TT. Is this not a good idea then? Its not a VVt-i and its a jspec. Cheers Keith

Sorry to hijack thread, but reading about AFM's earlier it has prompted me to ask:I was hoping to get a BOV for my 96 TT. Is this not a good idea then? Its not a VVt-i and its a jspec. Cheers Keith

You don't have the MAF sensor, you will only have the MAP, loads of J-spec non VVTi's run with aftermarket BOV's and have no issues. It's just the UK and VVTi's that are metering the amount of airflow with the MAF.

So options are:

1 An aftermarket recir BOV - not worth it

2 An aftermarket vent to atmosphere BOV - likely to mess up fuelling

3 An aftermarket part recirc part vent to atmosphere BOV - likely to mess up fuellin less

4 An aftermarket vent to atmosphere BOV with SAFC - unnecessary expense

Conclusion: stick with stock for now

Thoughts?

BUMP!

Unless you go single I wouldn't bother. I have the HKS SQV and it sounds rubbish, think I'll have it taken off at the next service. When running TTC with an aftermarket intake you hear it more but the money would be much better spent on something else IMO.

Pretty keen to stay sequential for now.

If you have an HKS SQV how do you avoid the fuelling problems without recirc?

Pretty keen to stay sequential for now.

If you have an HKS SQV how do you avoid the fuelling problems without recirc?

Just sent you a PM.

I've had it on the car for over 6 years and never had any fueling problems. Maybe it's a VVT-i specific BOV, I honestly don't know.

I vaguely remember having a chat with ChrisW in relation to a similar thread, *think* it was about problems with fitting them to UK spec cars. Anyway, I remember that there was nothing to worry about.

No he mentioned issues on an MR2 with one, that was having issues with the MAF sensor thingy... so was assumed (precautionary) that it would affect Supras in the same way, but the only issues that have been reported are fitting them on UK Autos which have some stalling issues.