The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Madness! Irish Motor Tax

Jellybean

is living right on the border not an option? best of both :D

I'm right on the border an its just not that simple...irish customs are cruel on ni reg cars in the republic...there have been cases of them putting women an young children out of thier cars to sieze the car and leaving them stranded..there a law on there own an abuse it every chance they get...still i wont be payin vrt on my supra...i'll move to northern ireland or rent a shed in the north before i pay there vrt

Bloody seagulls :D

I know mate I've been following the progress, its an ideal car for Mondello.

Will she be ready for OTD15 on the 10th of May?

I paid for my spot there last week.

That's the plan OTD15, she needs the water pump changed so we are doing the T-Belt too and Cam cover gasket, Cam sensor O ring ; we are collecting her on Sunday so 4 Days to get her up and running!

We may leave the rollcage painting till after the 10th

Eoin was looking at a Garrett Turbo kit there, 25mm setup; Miata something or other is the name of the company in the States. Very well made , plug and play unit

1800 euro 2nd hand off a guy in Dublin, he didn't want to pay the VRT on his

Move up north , we arnt a bad bunch up here lol

Until a united ireland happens then we will all be in trouble haha

I am getting Stevo to set me up with his sister in-law(Derry) ha ha

Going to head up to the Toyota Anniversary in May and check in on Lauren :)

I'm right on the border an its just not that simple...irish customs are cruel on ni reg cars in the republic...there have been cases of them putting women an young children out of thier cars to sieze the car and leaving them stranded..there a law on there own an abuse it every chance they get...still i wont be payin vrt on my supra...i'll move to northern ireland or rent a shed in the north before i pay there vrt

That is disgusting behaviour... Honestly I feel for you guys. Don't know why we can't just be one big cheap road tax family :D

On a serious note though that would be more than enough to make me move to the north although they had their fair share of problems with the riots when me and rob went to pick up a supra :(

Ya tis a bit mad when 3 months costs close to the UKs 12 month rate! So many older cars now cost more to tax than they are worth. I plan on taxing her for 3 months Apr-June or May-July, after that i may review whether i keep it or not. If i decide to sell i can see it going abroad... Might see about going to OTD 15 actually, haven't been on track yet this year.

Mini Supra meet at OTD15 !

It is getting ridiculous down South, it is only going to go one way $$$; they are pricing people off the road.

They don't comprehend the concept something is better than nothing

A Performance Classic car or a Motorbike will soon be the only option for me, Kills me to give these guys this extortionate amount of money for the little use I get out of the car

Mini Supra meet at OTD15 !

Ya that would be cool but are you not bringing your Miata?

Kills me to give these guys this extortionate amount of money for the little use I get out of the car

The only reason i never tax any car for the full year, id love to buy loads of cheap cars and either scrap em or leave em rot so they dont generate revenue! Id love a classic car with a modern diesel engine (everyday use and reliability) and a classic with a 2jz or 1uz.

http://www.thejournal.ie/changes-motor-tax-arrears-857800-Apr2013/

SORN is here for Ireland, but with a twist

Though the legislation allows a fee to be charged for anyone declaring their car as being off the road, Hogan said there were no charges to apply one in the initial stages of the scheme.

If they are recouping 55M, do you think our motor tax rates will be reduced! ha ha

Two TD's put forward the proposal to abolish flat rate Motor tax and add it to fuel but Noonan pulled 20cent increase on fuel out of his arse and claimed it will have a disproportionate increase to motorists who use the roads for long distances!

God forbid a road user should pay-per-use!

Tax in the fuel is the smart way forward!

• Reduce costs: No Motor tax offices, redistribute workers, eliminate IT systems associated with Motortax

• Free up Gardaí resources

• Haulers can claim back the VAT/Tax on Fuel

• Wider net: Everybody pays based on use, (non-residents captured)

• Evasion will be near impossible

• Promotes people buying more efficient vehicles

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)