The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz soarer mapecu2 question!

Guest SX_BIG

HI!

well..after coming on here on the look out for supras.. i ended up with a Soarer jzz30 lol.

anyho.

spec as follows

1jz

Single Turbo ( TD06 25g )

Top Mount Manifold

External WasteGate with Externaly vented Screamer Pipe

Greddy Front Mount InterCooler

MAP ECU2

Exhaust System with No Cat

filter etc

its meant to have circa 410 hp... ive had a few 330bhp cars and this certainly pisses allll over em!

HOWEVER! the main reason im posting... who can map the ecu??? ive downloaded the software but dont feel comfortable doing it myself.. (and i need a wire)

anyone able to do it? hitting fuel cut atm around 1.4 bar so i wanna either reduce the boost or adjust the fuel cut.

help :)

Have you joined the mapecu forum? Full of great info and am sure someone on there will point you in the right direction. One of the fastest stock twin supras on here ran a self mapped map2 ecu. They get a bit of a bad write up on here, due mainly I think to their simplicity and lack of bells and whistles. At the end of the day it can only tweak/trick the stock ecu and with a single, you want lots of control for it to run at its best. I actually have one in my tool box, just never got round to fitting it.

i got it just before xmas. Certainly is a hoot to drive.. its bloody quick!

cheers for the replies. I was expecting there to be the usual 'OMG take it off now' etc.

i have signed up to the forum but it wont let me post atm.. i guess its waiting for verification or sumit.

cheers!