The mkiv Supra Owners Club

going nuts !! car keeps stalling

paul mac

It does it three times when launching, ie. hits ~3000rpm cuts to 2500, (afr shows max lean) three times, then all fine. By this time its past 5~7mph.

When power braking it does it constantly. Neutral is fine.

BTW, sorry Paul for the hijack!

Do me a favour and change your minimum speed and RPM thresholds and see if the behaviour changes or even goes away :) Try daft values like 1km/h and 100rpm, and 100km/h and 10,000rpm...

-Ian

bad news on mine Ian and its a cautionery tale as well, i borrowed lap top off my mate and whatever i did it was the same so i went to look at the control unit which is located on the the side of the transmission tunnel on the passenger side about level with the glove box and bugger me it was stinkin hot, i have worked with electronics all my life and know what is unhealthily hot and this was, on opening up the unit a lot of the soldering had deteriated very badly and was crumbling away i'me afraid i've cooked it and the excess heat seems to have coincided with the single install, so the unit has gone back to racelogic for evaluation (at £75 an hour) my advice to all is to check the location of the unit when the car is running and relocate if necesary

:scare: that's not good. Have you got a piccy of exactly where you put it? It sounds suspiciously similar in location to my E-Manage unit! Although I've had no heat probs with that in over a year... Maybe the unit just kharked it all by itself?

Still, at least we've probably found the problem :innocent:

-Ian

You know you could have photoshopped in that X ;)

-Ian

i like the personal touch Ian lol, i've never had a coolant leak round there, i would advise to all after a "spirited" drive pop the carpet back and check how hot your electronic bits are that are bolted in that area, i cant say if the heat build up has made the RLTC unit fail but i will be moving it or looking at some external insulation when (if) i get it back, like i said guys i have alot of expierience with electronics and the temperature of the control unit was way to hot to be healthy

well i think i've gotten to the bottom of my bulk head heating problem, when i installed the transmission cooler i put a mocal oil stat with a temp sensor in, everything was fine the cooler and pipes to the cooler got warm after a test run and all was well i thought, however i connected the temp sensor up to the gauge today and bugger me the the oil was allready at 90 degrees © so took the car out and its hitting 110 -115 C, the stats red hot but not allowing any oil to the cooler so its coming out and i'me going to introduce it to Mr hammer, its discoloured the transmision fluid so thats going to need changing as well, sometimes i wonder how i fit going to work in with this car its a nearly a full time job maintaining it :D