The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have a project thread but a few quick going single questions

scott87

Even if you think you like your car a lot you'll get over it, I did and have an even better one now :) also a conversion doesn't add much value to the car. People want cars that were turbo from factory as it's more reliable. Best bet is selling your NA and buying a TT. It'll cost you less overall as well and will be worth more than an NA TT. Also dont discount an auto TT till you've driven one. I did until I drove one and they are better than a manual NA easy!

Whatever you choose good luck :)

Even if you think you like your car a lot you'll get over it, I did and have an even better one now :) also a conversion doesn't add much value to the car. People want cars that were turbo from factory as it's more reliable. Best bet is selling your NA and buying a TT. It'll cost you less overall as well and will be worth more than an NA TT. Also dont discount an auto TT till you've driven one. I did until I drove one and they are better than a manual NA easy!

Whatever you choose good luck :)

I've been looking and as far as I can tell to get a 6speed in the nic I want and mileage I'm looking upwards of 7k. That iss a lot more than if I keep my car and buy a tt lump. Also selling price is not an issue, I'm going to run the supra into the ground or keep it alive which ever way u look at it.

And I can't accept an auto. No matter how good, changing gear myself is one of the best bits of driving :)

i wouldn't use a CT20b mate, they tend to be pretty inefficient above 1.2bar and just generate more heat than anything that's why most MR2/GT4 owners go for a TD06 and as Jamie said they are also internally wastegated so you will need some serious custom downpipe work. If you are looking for a decent budget turbo look down the Holset route imo something like a HX35

Out of interest is this the turbo your talking about?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330855478051?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They are very cheap new! Are you na-t?

If you go na-t do you know if you can run a tt intake manifold so that the intercooler piping is tidier?

I'm not NA-T no, my supra is actually up for sale (sad subject), you can't run a TT intake manifold as they do not line up with the inlet ports or bolt pattern, some have run aftermarket front facing intake manifolds to tidy the engine bay up a little and to allow you to use GTE cam and spark plug covers to make the engine a little prettier, here is an example

How easy are parts to source for them?

Currently on driftworks

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/parts-sale-private-sales/191494-low-millage-1jz-engine-sale.html

and turbos

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/parts-sale-private-sales/190772-stock-1jz-gte-turbos-manifold.html

I'm sure with some negotiation you could get the pair for around£800, I picked up my engine and gearbox with everything for about £700