The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The new Skoda Octavia

SilverSoop

Hi all, I just got one of these new 12 plate Skoda Octavia's for my work car and the guy who had it before me tuned the radio to an AM frequency and has got some rubbish music on there!!

I've been trying to change it back to the much better FM frequency but can't find it anywhere in the car and it's not even noted in the bloody manual!! Doesn't tell you how to change it...

This stuff should be simple!! :blink:

Does anyone have any ideas or know how to change it? Lol

Got a piccy of the stereo dude?

My battery is dead on my camera and tried looking for pics of the stereo but can't find any decent pics of it at all :(

It is the bog standard one for the 2012 1.6 Octavia, it's even got central locking!! I'll describe it the best I can...

On the top left of the stereo, it's got ''AS and TP'' with the cd slot next to it.

On the main screen, it's got the frequency. i.e, AM or FM and the radio station.

Below that it has got 6 main buttons. From left to right:

Media, Radio, >, and a picture of a music symbol. To the left of the Media button, has the volume intergrated with the on/off button. The last button to the right of the music symbol has the channel seeker. None of these change the frequency.

You tried holding "Radio"? I had this in the wife's beetle and held one of the buttons down but without looking, minds blank.

Funny you should say that, I literally went out and tried doing that and it worked :D

I now have FM on the screen...thank god...no more dodgey music!!

Thanks for your help Ben :)

• 2 weeks later...
Totally with you mate, well made, handsome cars with good spec, shame the VRS didn't get more development.

These Skoda's are workhorses! I'm a big fan of them :)

I never used to like them but since having one for two weeks now, I've changed my mind :D

Have you driven a Skoda Superb? I had one for a day before I got my Octavia and wow, now that is a lovely car! I felt rich... :cool: :sly:

These Skoda's are workhorses! I'm a big fan of them :)

I never used to like them but since having one for two weeks now, I've changed my mind :D

Have you driven a Skoda Superb? I had one for a day before I got my Octavia and wow, now that is a lovely car! I felt rich... :cool: :sly:

I haven't mate, looks lovely, I think we got the VRS Octavia cheap, it's an estate too so even harder to drag around, I will take a pivot it tonight when I'm in, provided it hasn't been stuffed today.

I haven't mate, looks lovely, I think we got the VRS Octavia cheap, it's an estate too so even harder to drag around, I will take a pivot it tonight when I'm in, provided it hasn't been stuffed today.

Yeah those Superbs are such nice cars! They don't look so great from the outside but more than makes up for it in the inside of the car! Take a peak at one when you get the chance :)

What's your VRS like on fuel?

I was offered a VRS hatchback for my work car but as it would cost me more I was like nah, think I'll take the cheap Octavia :D