The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto shine vortex generator fitted pictures required.

skyline1

If you zoom in on pic 2 and 4 you can see the brackets I made to avoid screw/rivets

That's the way they were originally fitted, they came with brackets to fit them similar to the way you have, the reason I have and others used screws, is to pull it in tight to the bumper

I would guess looking at your pics, you have bonded yours between the body and spats, I couldn't do that as my Spats are fully blended, smoothed and extended

Mine does not pretrude out of the back of the rear bumper at all, in fact it is slightly tucked in than the back part of the bumper

I can't say how others have done theres, but there was method behind doing mine this way, I just didn't like the way they look like an add on with the brackets showing and the gap between the bumper and diffuser

I wouldn't suggest anyone tries going down the route I did by the way, I got mine 2nd hand and very cheap from JP, so I could risk cutting and chopping it up to try and get the perfect fit, if it had gone badly wrong I wouldn't of been hundreds of £'s out of pocket

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

That's the way they were originally fitted, they came with brackets to fit them similar to the way you have, the reason I have and others used screws, is to pull it in tight to the bumper

I would guess looking at your pics, you have bonded yours between the body and spats, I couldn't do that as my Spats are fully blended, smoothed and extended

Mine does not pretrude out of the back of the rear bumper at all, in fact it is slightly further back than the furthest back part of the bumper

I can't say how others have done theres, but there was method behind doing mine this way, I just didn't like the way they look like an add on with the brackets showing and the gap between the bumper and diffuser

I wouldn't suggest anyone tries going down the route I did by the way, I got mine 2nd hand and very cheap from JP, so I could risk cutting and chopping it up to try and get the perfect fit, if it had gone badly wrong I wouldn't of been hundreds of £'s out of pocket

Straight from b&q my brackets :)

If you zoom in on pic 2 and 4 you can see the brackets I made to avoid screw/rivets

Interesting way to fit the brackets mate , saying that the way mentioned above looks good where it's screwed to the bumper itself. I think more support they have the better, mine isn't on yet obviously but I can imagine they do move around a fair bit too.

Edited by skyline1 (see edit history)

Quick question . Do the vortex generators bolt in place using the same three bolt holes that hold the diffuser to the side fittings? Or do they use fresh holes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quick question . Do the vortex generators bolt in place using the same three bolt holes that hold the diffuser to the side fittings? Or do they use fresh holes?