The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with wiring motion senor and light electrics

supra_ufo

Hopefully this Saturday I will be getting my supra so over the past months I have been sorting issues out with the garage.

The main issue was the leaking roof which has somewhat been fixed with 2 sheets of giant tarpaulin (temp fix)

Now onto the Lights

I had to replace all the old lights and electric wiring because of water damage, I am no good at DIY but I wanted to save some money (to spend on the SUP) so I planned a "lighting plan" see attached. I purchased all the bits I needed and went to work today with my friend between 11 and finished at 5 so it was a long job but we learned a few things along the way lol

I ran this by the sparky at work and although he raised is eye brows he said it would work. I know this is not the proper way but I just need something that will work until I have the time to sort it out, I am very busy with work and only have the odd day on the weekend to do everything in. I have taken Wed/Thurs off and In london on Friday so I have 2 days to sort it....

The issue what I had is that it tripped the house elec but it worked for like 10 seconds before it did....however I dont know what the status of the fuses are although I know its something to do with the way I wired the motion sensor. Prior to wiring the motion sensor I did a direct wiring (not involving the motion sensor) and it was working fine but i MUST have this motion sensor :-)

The 2nd attachment is the actual instructions for the MS, what is the RED?? Thats where I wired the Earth to from the light fitting and another cable going from there into the fuse spur. ....

To explain my diagram

I have 2 x Florescent light fittings, 1 feeds the other with a 1.5mm cable where Live is Brown, Blue is Neutral and Bare is Earth...

Another cable goes from the right florescent fitting to the motion sensor using the same cable as above

Another cable goes from the motion sensor (piggy backing the wiring above) to the fuse spur and finally from the fuse spur into the electrics.

What am I doing wrong?

theplan.jpg

mswiring.jpg