The mkiv Supra Owners Club

About to become a Supra TT owner

Fizzy T

Alright mate yeah I'm in Popley. The only Supra I've seen near here was a black one and was driving from basingstoke through Tadley. I almost snapped my neck trying to eye ball it :ecstatic:

I'm pretty sure the main reason I'm buying this car (other than the fact I've always wanted one) is all the damn cars I hear boosting up and down Popley Way. Skylines and Subaru's mainly but never a Supra...Until I get mine :D

Edited by Fizzy T (see edit history)

Alright mate yeah I'm in Popley. The only Supra I've seen near here was a black one and was driving from basingstoke through Tadley. I almost snapped my neck trying to eye ball it :ecstatic:

I'm in Hatch Warren, I work in Tadley and my girlfriend lives in Tadley too. So wither it was me in my black Supra or not I don't know :D

There are 4 other members on here who live in Basingstoke, they're still active on the club but no longer have Supras :(

I foresee either the beginning of a beautiful friendship or an awesome rivalry :wave: I'm already making a list of BPU parts I want to acquire.

I'll be arranging Basingstoke meets again come March-ish time, some of us who go to the meet put our Supras away for the winter time (Me included) which is why March will probably be the next one. So you'll have plenty of time to get your parts fitted for then :)

Looks have always been what was important to me for the Supra, but performance is now on the "To do list". Just comes down to money which is stopping me from doing anything at the moment.

I've always gone for the sleeper look with my cars. Low on coilovers but stiffened with all the right bracing to take on any corner :) Now insurance prices have come down for me (28yrs old and £550 Fully Comp on TT Supra) I'm paying more attention to performance.

I used to be into Fords and was so close to a finishing building up a 400bhp+ spec Zetec Turbo engine for a Fiesta RS Turbo but sold it all to come back down south.

My Supra was stock on the outside when I got it, but I always liked the more modified look. Now I've got mine modified, I want it stock again :D I'd like to put coilovers on my car, but my driveway has a bit of a slope and my Supra nearly scrapes the ground on stock suspension :( I'm 28 years old too, my insurance is about the same price. Insurance has now come down over the years for me, but running 2 cars which like to drink fuel hits my bank balance instead.

Your Fiesta sounds quite the beast :cool: But I'm sure you'll be making a lot more power with a Supra for far less money. A Supra also looks better ;)

That's the point mate, More bang for the buck so they say. My current car is a Proton Evolution Coupe 16v *1.8 Petrol 130bhp*...Really revvy little things and the Mitsubishi Evo engine slots right in. I had all the parts off an EVO I ready to drop in and then the Supra winked at me...Needlessto say EBAY was loaded and I said goodbye to all my Evo gear and paid off my credit card ready to welcome the Supra.

Your Proton sounds cool too, little cars with revvy engines are always awesome fun. With the credit card payed off, it's time to max it out on Supra parts!!

It sounds like you like your projects, be good to see what you do with the Supra. Your lucky that your Supra is a UK spec, not many of them about.

I'll drop you a pm when the next meet is on, for the time being... See ya on the streets!! (If you see a black BMW 3 series coupe flash it's headlights at you, it'll probably be me) :D

If you remove a door lock, preferably the less worn passenger side one it may either have a number stamped on it, or a really good locksmith will cut a key to fit it. Ring the neareest big car auction up, or visit it and speak to the yard manager. he'll know a good locksmith, lost keys are an every day occurrence, they know all the wheezes.

• 4 weeks later...

The Supra has been collected :D Oh how I am in LOVE :love:

Changed all the locks and the steering column *getting the grommet back to get to the bolt on the rack joint was a bastard!* then changed the oil and filter. Blew up the deflated tyres and checked all the lights,zero blown bulbs and fired her up. That was my first time to actually drive the thing as the steering lock was on last time and we had no keys.NOT THIS TIME!

Drove it back and forth for about 5 mins braking to grind away the rusty discs,the handbrake was seized on but it was no match for a blip of the throttle hehe, booked an mot and plonked £60 worth of V-Power in her and 40 mins later I was surprised to find a clean pass on the mot! Not a single advisory and she hadn't moved in over 5 years! To say I was shocked was an understatement but damn...am I happy :D

She's all taxed now too and I've paid for a Toad Ai606 with Proximity zone sensors to be fitted this Friday. Expensive but she deserves it. I absolutely love the thing and the only problem I've had so far is a knackered bonnet release cable. £45 from Camskill.

Quite surprised how fast these things are and very very smooth. I was driving it with such a grin on my face and the whole time I thought to myself "This is damn luxury" :D