The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Audi TT (new shape) 2.0 TFSI 'Stage 1'

Matt H

A chap I work with has the above car. He's thinking of getting a 'stage 1' tune and asked me what I thought so thought I'd post it on here.

Basically the stage 1 is a re-map (doesn't mention a piggy back ECU, just a remap...) is that possible with the TT stock ecu? And a uprated BOV.

The site claims reasonable gains in power and torque. Thoughts?

Here's the link:

http://www.vagtech.co.uk/index.php/tuning/audi/mk2-tt-8j

I have the same engine in my golf gti. Great engine on a stage 1 map. My car is much faster now and returns nearly 2mpg better!! I would say go for it!! :)

They have a bosch remappable ecu that can be flashed. I have a shark map. Some of the better maps are shark, apr or revo. If you want any more info pm me.

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7719/bbs011.jpg

As stated above... Latest revision of the diverted valve and a revo map will make a nice gain.

If he wants to push it a little more and S3 intercooler, uprated fuel pump ,evoms intake and a decent exhaust coupled with the revo stage 2+map and it should see some decent power and torque.

Thanks for the input chaps.

My freind is interested in the APR remap. It's odd have they can install it for a 6 hour test drive, but then charge over £500 for it.

Revo do the same, its a more rough version of the finished software, that feels more aggressive. I hade a Revo'd Cupra R, after driving a Revo'd one and an APR Tuned one, the APR software is far better. Revo was started after APR, a lot of the guys that started Revo were Ex APR staff. A lot of the Revo maps were based on the APR ones. Awesome are very good, they certainly know their stuff.