The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sky - nice deal

JS2004

After ringing around multiple providers I have finally gone with Sky.

The last few years I had been unable to find competitive prices from Sky, however I had only held my license for 2 years. This time I have 3 yrs NCB and 3 yrs experience with the Supra.

For £542 I have a 5k limited milage social, domestic, pleasure and commuting to a single place of work policy, fully comp. I also have 1k business miles between different sites for those times I do have to make trips (very rare!)

Overall I am very happy. I had a rough idea of the price I wanted to pay and I was happy with this price.

Direct Line wanted £1300, Swinton wanted £605 but had so many restrictions it was silly! Adrian Flux who I had been with for the last 3 years wanted £695. Last year they quoted me £1300 then dropped to £660 when I called in, so I wasnt happy with the increase considering I turned 30 this year and had an extra years NCB etc.

So when Sam at Sky gave me the price of £597 I was rather pleased, then he said because I am part of this club and the provider was keen to get the new business they were dropping it to the £542 which I have paid. This is around the price I was willing to pay so I went with it despite other companies still compiling quotes. Goes to show if the quote isnt too silly then the customer is going to be less flighty.

So I am now happily insured with Sky.

I was 30 this year. I think a classic policy would have meant I could not use it for the commuting to a single place of work, and probably no chance on the business miles between sites.

True. Sorry didn't read your first post properly. Sounds like a good deal for what you are getting.