The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How long can the twins last on BPU 1.2 bar?

RB-GTE

I've been running my jspec turbos at 1.3 bar for years now without any issues. Yes, I know it's not big and it's not clever and I'm asking for trouble etc..... but it's not my daily driver and the amount of time I spend on full boost is minimal so right now I'm just loving it!

I've been running my jspec turbos at 1.3 bar for years now without any issues. Yes, I know it's not big and it's not clever and I'm asking for trouble etc..... but it's not my daily driver and the amount of time I spend on full boost is minimal so right now I'm just loving it!

I think Fastcar said he runs his at 1.3 bar too. Mine boosted to 1.3 bar but I've got a restrictor ring in now. Do you know if you do get more power at 1.3 bar though ? Or are you also losing power by pushing the turbos past their efficiency range ?

I think Fastcar said he runs his at 1.3 bar too. Mine boosted to 1.3 bar but I've got a restrictor ring in now. Do you know if you do get more power at 1.3 bar though ? Or are you also losing power by pushing the turbos past their efficiency range ?

yep im running at 1.3bar max in 5th and 6th gear. In 3rd and 4th about 1.2bar i dont boost it all the time i drive it and its not my daily drive so i dont mind running it at that boost. i also dont have an RR in either as the car seamed to hold back after 5k rpm im geussing there was to much back presure and was stalling the tubbys. anyways i have been running it like that for about 2 years and had problems and they still pull like hell and have no blue smoke on full boost so i would say they are more then healthy