The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How I change the engine oil on my Toyota Supra on my driveway(pic)

Gabriella

So you were getting just over 36mpg on a run and decided it was time to change the O2 sensors?

Worked out using: £80 of fuel, ie. 57L at £1.40

230 miles traveled on half a tank, so 28.5L used is 36.7mpg.

200 miles out of a tank(57L) would be 16mpg.

250 miles out of a tank(57L) would be 20mpg.

:)

I don't know if it's just my car but I've noticed that the guage needle drops quite rapidly after below the half way mark so i don't think that the needle half way necesserily means the tank is half full. If that makes sense?

Have others also noticed this? (So sorry to sidetrack Gabriella, hope you don't mind!) nice informative thread by the way :thumbs:

Good write up, i might think about doing this now.

With regards to the fuel economy i have to say i must be very lucky as i got 540 miles out of a full tank with 99ron

That works out to 35mpg :blink:

Best I have had was 352 miles in one tank when I drove to France and back.

That works out to 35mpg :blink:

Best I have had was 352 miles in one tank when I drove to France and back.

540 miles on one (J-spec tank) 57L used is just over 43mpg, so that calls for a double :blink: :blink:

James D are you sure that's not 540 KM ie. 335.5 miles?

That would work out at 26.7mpg which sounds about right for a Auto TT. :)

I always ~80% fill the new oil filter before fitting it (the filter material stops it from sloshing straight out as long as it's not completely full; I read that is a sensible precaution because otherwise you're creating a 'lag' in the system - when you first turn over the engine oil gets picked up from the sump but isn't getting back there until it's been through the filter and wherever else it goes on its travels.... potentially risking wear & tear if the lag is long enough (i.e. not enough oil in the sump for it to pickup as designed). It's probably overkill, but I'm like that - better to be safe than risk anything. :)

Also, I drive up on some planks of wood so I don't need to jack up the car; even easier. :)

540 miles on one (J-spec tank) 57L used is just over 43mpg, so that calls for a double :blink: :blink:

James D are you sure that's not 540 KM ie. 335.5 miles?

That would work out at 26.7mpg which sounds about right for a Auto TT. :)

DOH !!!! my bad sorry guys... nothing like reaching for the stars hey, iv just looked at google maps, i went to n.e.c gadget show live and the round trip is 310 miles but i did have fuel left. so you are right i was told when i bought the car that when it was converted to mph the odo read in miles from then on and the trip read 540 if memory serves, like they say you don't buy a TT for mpg:)