The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UZZ31 Soarer stuck in 'Park'

J-Meiser

Hi

I mentioned this issue in a previous post (here) that my Soarer would not start and I could not get it out of park.

It is now starting (yes :D!!); I fitted a LS400 fuel pump yesterday and it fired up first time. I didn't leave it running for long, as I haven't checked out the fluid levels properly, but even with the engine running I still could not get it out of park. As previously stated, I have tried the red button numerous times and it still refuses to budge.

I'm aware that there is a fuse in the driver's kick panel and I am looking to examine that fuse this week, but can anyone think of anything else that could be stopping it from moving :search:? My brake lights work fine when the pedal is pushed, so I can rule out the brake-light switch.

Thanks!

Easy, slide the grey collar down at the base of the gearstick, undo the 2 screws and remove the gearstick, then pop the panel up below the stick to reveal the gear selector. The red button mechanism is just a white plastic arm, located at the front, left of the selector.

Easy, slide the grey collar down at the base of the gearstick, undo the 2 screws and remove the gearstick, then pop the panel up below the stick to reveal the gear selector. The red button mechanism is just a white plastic arm, located at the front, left of the selector.

Cool, I'll give that a bash when I'm next out on the car and let you all know how it goes :thumbs:

Thanks Swampy, your tip helped me to follow another tip that sorted out the problem with my gearbox :thumbs:. The pin that the red button should retract had seized in position. I don't know if you can put up links to a thread in another forum, but there's a thread that I started on the Soarer World forum that has all of the details there :cool: