The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guigsy's dragonball prep thread

Guigsy

Nice productive day today.

Fitted the boot blind retractable latch things. And the cover on the under side of the boot lid.

Then took the dash apart. Put the head unit in along with a cubbyhole. Moved the boost controller in to the cubbyhole. Fitted a clock. Removed slip control and active spoiler buttons.

Found out what was going on with my aerial. The cable has been cut behind the drivers seat. God knows why. So I popped to maplin and got some cable and connectors and then ran the cable to the aerial.

Then started to wire up my door speakers but it was 6pm, starting to rain and I was hungry. And I need some connectors.

Things iv found out I need - ignition dash panel. Mine has more holes than Swiss cheese and a lot of them are for redundant alarms and buttons. It also has no clips for the air vent.

I'm sure I need something else but I can't recall now

Wow busy day. Booked all this. My phone is broke atm so popped in to a few places on my lunch and after work.

Sat 9:00 - White car booked in for geo checkup. hopefully squeese in some tyre ballencing as iv got a nasty vibration at arround 80-90.

Sat 12:00 - Blue car goes to have the blitz backbox swapped for my whifbits one.

Tue 8:30 - White car goes goes in to have the wifbitz centre box sectio shortened and fitted, 4" to 3" adapter fitted and the blitz backbox fitted. I finaly found someone that would do the cutting and welding needed. i had to ask 4 different places though. luckily the place im taking it is walking distance from work :)

Wed 8:30 - White car to the bodyshop to have a machine polish.

Then the Stickers are booked in to be applied on the 5th.

Iv also just called ryan to try and see if he can call in to me or i can go to him to sort out my strange idle but i got his voicemail.

Hopefully ill finish of the interior of the car this weekend.

So those are the only things outstanding at the moment... i think. I just hope there isnt some problem with the exhausts not fitting up properly. Realy nervous about that. It would be a right pain in the arse if they dont...

off work ill today :(

got my phone fixed and gave ryan a call. will probably be popping down to SRR tomorrow for him to check the car.

Keron also has a ignition dash pannel for me as mine is like swiss cheese.

Man Flu? :p

That is quite a bit of drive down isn't it from you?

Its about an hour and a half. Ryan did his usual fantastic job. Turns out the pins for the idle on my replacement aem don't work. But he sorted it some other way that I don't remember. Probably which craft...

Cold had mostly cleared up. And almost gone now.

Just taken the car for an alignment. But the rear passenger wishbone was knackered. Its not terrible but once its replaced would need geo again anyway, so decided they wouldn't do it today. So just made a quick call to try and get one.

Sat having the front wheels ballanced ATM hopefully that will cure the 80mph wheel vibration and it's not something more serious!...

Update

Wheel vibration probably caused by old and knackered front tyres. Cracked quite badly but loads of tread left. Decided to order some yokohama as01. Not had them before but should be fine for what I use the car for.

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Lol. Turned up to have the backbox swapped over on my uk. Not a big job and I booked it in on Wednesday.

Turned up 5 mins early and the boss who wasn't there when I booked it in goes "can't do it today unless you leave it..."

I tell him I booked it Wednesday for 12.

"Iv committed to all these people" pointing to a que of cars.

I tell him in fairness they committed to me on Wednesday. Made an appointment etc.

So they are doing it now... I'm keeping an eye on them tho...

Ontop of that it's pooring with rain. Hopefully I'll get chance to finish the interior today

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Tried to do some yesterday afternoon but it was rain/hail. So gave up.

Today, Fitted new spark plug and fuse box cover. And put the rear seats and rear speaker cover plastics in.

Just the boot stuff to finish.

Back for front tyres tomorrow.

Exchaust fitting today.

A simple job. Cut the pipe down a few inches. and just hang the whifbitz twin box exhaust with the adapter...

yeah...

Well it took them 4 hours but they only charged me 2.

The hangers for the HKS Ti exhaust are in a different place and are quite a long way off from the normal hangers. and one or more of my stock hangers had been removed or were not useable for some reason. But its on. And So much quieter.

I can now use the car whenever i like without my ears bleading :D and with the interior in the car feels like normal again.

Next is a few small paint touch ups and a machine polish tomorrow.

Then the next job after that is fitting the difuser.

Then on the 5th its in for the dragonabll wrap.

I dont think im going to get chance to fit a new wishbone and get the geo done before dragonaball. But the geo doesnt feel too bad at the moment.

Im away on holiday at the weekend

• 2 weeks later...