The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fitted new lambda sensors!

Supra N_A

I would say so if yours is the original sensor. Mine was doing about 200 - 250 miles to a full tank, from full to fuel light.

Doing a test to see how far £45 will get me at the moment with normal driving and its noticably better. Car is much smoother as well.

I would say so if yours is the original sensor. Mine was doing about 200 - 250 miles to a full tank, from full to fuel light.

Doing a test to see how far £45 will get me at the moment with normal driving and its noticably better. Car is much smoother as well.

Nice one.

Did you buy from Toyota or the Denso 0228?

Quick update on £45 of normal driving to and from work (12 miles dual carridgeway, 1 mile town) the car has so far returned 264km so thats about 164 miles and the fuel light isnt quite on yet.

Pretty happy with that, still got to swap the ECU coolant temp sensor which is looking very tired and can also cause over fueling. Considering I was not doing much more that 200 to 230 miles to a full tank its a dramatic improvement.

Can of BG44 through it next I think :)

wow this sounds like a worthy thing to replace especially considering the age of the cars.

I'm guessing mine is the original still as the service history doesn't say otherwise.

Is the sensor identical in the UK spec? For £45 this seems worth a punt, if anything other than to refresh old parts.

If anyone is interested I have now covered 620 km = 385.250 miles to the last quater of the tank. so should be easily on route for 400+ miles to a J-spec tank. Thats mostly motorway with a mix of town driving and a few decent blasts.

Considering the wifes 1.6 astra only does about 320 to a tank and she complained I would be spending £100+ a week on fuel I have rather enjoyed rubbing it in. Not bad for an old Toyota ;)

If anyone is interested I have now covered 620 km = 385.250 miles to the last quater of the tank. so should be easily on route for 400+ miles to a J-spec tank. Thats mostly motorway with a mix of town driving and a few decent blasts.

wow, a worth while change then..... wonder what I'd need for a 1uz in the front? same as an N/A?

Is this one compatible with the UK spec Supra?

doubt it mate as they are different part numbers, they could sub to the same one, might need to dig around see what you can find

89465-19605 Oxygen Sensor - Front - UK Spec

89465-19595 Oxygen Sensor - Rear - UK Spec

doubt it mate as they are different part numbers, they could sub to the same one, might need to dig around see what you can find

89465-19605 Oxygen Sensor - Front - UK Spec

89465-19595 Oxygen Sensor - Rear - UK Spec

Ah thought so mate. Hmm I'm kinda useless at finding this stuff out. help? lol