The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID Kit.

Supraman

What is the colour like on your 4300k??? I was always going to go with 5000 but am somewhat wondering if 6000 will be too blue..... Choices choices.

The white is absolutely pure, and is no where near as 'distracting' as the bluer 6000K lights. I would've thought that 5000K would be perfect, as sunlight is 5250K.

4300K is OEM, It's the colour you'll see on Audis and Mercs etc.

Tis a lovely shade of white I must say. :)

And now I've managed to get out and test the new ones, all I can say is, WOW!

The main beam used to look like a couple of weak yellowy spotlights somewhere in the bright glare of the dipped beam, but now, oh my goodness, what a massive difference!

They were easy to fit, and yes they do take a moment to warm up, but the result is incredible. It is still possible to 'flash' with the full beam, so no problems there. :)

If you're on a dark road and popping the main beam on and off, the HIDs stay 'warm' enough to go straight back to full power, but if they are off for about 10 minutes, then they have to warm up again.

I will still look for the pre-heated ones after my MOT, as I'll know if I can keep them on the car or not then.

Thanks for that I just ordered some 4300 :D

£28 seams a bargain too.

How did you get on with your HIDs? The delivery was next day in my case. They are so easy to fit too. :)

I've bought some 4300K LED H3s for the fog lamps too. I hope they are good too. I don't have any more room for ballasts if I went for HID fog lamps!

Unfortunately (or fortunately), I bought 2 sets by mistake, so may sell the others if anyone's interested.