The mkiv Supra Owners Club

forged d1 spec wheel nuts

l.chris97

hi guys i just bought a set of d1 spec forged wheel nuts for my work Meisters s1's i just have a question on lock nuts is there any1 out that makes forged lock nuts in black to match the nuts i've bought in gloss black don't really fancy having 3 nice shinny black nuts and one on each wheel standing out like a sore thumb

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/D1-BLACK-S-WHEEL-NUTS-TOYOTA-MR2-MRS-ROADSTER-MK1-MK2-TRD-SPORTIVO-VERSO-GT-AE86-/251000731485?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item3a70cf375d#ht_4345wt_952

have you fitted these? i love the look of these& the fact they weigh next to nothing :D however dude after taking the wheels off a few times i found they warped& crossthreaded. it may have been just been due to the fact that an airgun was used but i now dont trust them.& they're very soft.

im now using some nice strong nuts that i found at japfest one year& all's good :) look nice weigh a bit more, but are you really gona notice the difference on the unsprung weight? and they all have a internal key (saves marking your rims)to screw them on, aside from the locker & was £26 all in... after some haggling :D think it was the wheelmania stand?!

im sure there has been a few posts on these nuts. not being a tw*t, but nobody wants their rims falling off ;) you may find them alright :) may be worth saving yourself for a show/event? hope this helps?

like these pics below but black.

wheel nut.jpg

locking nuts.jpg

have you fitted these? i love the look of these& the fact they weigh next to nothing :D however dude after taking the wheels off a few times i found they warped& crossthreaded. it may have been just been due to the fact that an airgun was used but i now dont trust them.& they're very soft.

im now using some nice strong nuts that i found at japfest one year& all's good :) look nice weigh a bit more, but are you really gona notice the difference on the unsprung weight? and they all have a internal key (saves marking your rims)to screw them on, aside from the locker & was £26 all in... after some haggling :D think it was the wheelmania stand?!

im sure there has been a few posts on these nuts. not being a tw*t, but nobody wants their rims falling off ;) you may find them alright :) may be worth saving yourself for a show/event? hope this helps?

like these pics below but black.

Cheers for the heads up, i just took it for granted that they would be strong with been forged...but thanks for the warning mate