The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus deepdish GS300 Sport wheels, Thought they were worth a punt at that price.

Nodalmighty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a set of these for sale recently but the offset was 40 front and 46 rear i thought these were supposed to be 50 all round? i hesitated for that reason and they sold
Those are the correct offsets. I think the GS needed a little more clearance for the 245 and 275 tyres.

I know that 235s on Supra 17s are quite close to the suspension uprights on my Aristo.

Well, i finally managed to get the machine shop to finish of the centre caps for me, below are pictures of the front, back and laid on top of a diamond cut and black rear. The rears of the cap havent been machined out to match the originals but they have left a thicker band of metal round the edge. This does make them slightly heavier but they are stronger.

In the pictures they appear to be a different finish from the wheel, however it is bare aluminium and not powder coated yet like the wheel. I think i will have to paint the machined in logo black, then get them powder coated clear.

I am well pleased with these as they look awesome even just laid on the wheel:)

i Phone 001.jpg

i Phone 002.jpg

i Phone 003.jpg

Well, i finally managed to get the machine shop to finish of the centre caps for me, below are pictures of the front, back and laid on top of a diamond cut and black rear. The rears of the cap havent been machined out to match the originals but they have left a thicker band of metal round the edge. This does make them slightly heavier but they are stronger.

In the pictures they appear to be a different finish from the wheel, however it is bare aluminium and not powder coated yet like the wheel. I think i will have to paint the machined in logo black, then get them powder coated clear.

How much is a set like that? :)

Are the originals flat or curved to match the wheels?

Lyndon.

They look fantastic, but if it was up to me, I would make the Supra logo a little larger, and you wouldn't have to paint them in. Very subtle :thumbs:

They look fantastic, but if it was up to me, I would make the Supra logo a little larger, and you wouldn't have to paint them in. Very subtle :thumbs:

Thanks for all the compliments

To answer a couple of questions. I had them custom made so they are a one of set, but that's not to say I couldn't get some more done. As for cost, this set was £200 however now they have the machining program's worked out, any more would presumably be cheaper. The guy that made them also said he thought the logo would look better slightly larger. It's 80 mm at the moment but he said doing 100 mm would be easy enough.

If theres enough interest and the mods are okay with it I could get some prices for a bulk order, say 5 or more sets.

To answer a couple of questions. I had them custom made so they are a one of set, but that's not to say I couldn't get some more done. As for cost, this set was £200 however now they have the machining program's worked out, any more would presumably be cheaper. The guy that made them also said he thought the logo would look better slightly larger. It's 80 mm at the moment but he said doing 100 mm would be easy enough.

If theres enough interest and the mods are okay with it I could get some prices for a bulk order, say 5 or more sets.

They're nice - not £200 nice though.

I'd pay a reasonable fee for them, but not that much.

Certainly ask the mods and see what can be had for a Group Buy.

I hope the ones I'm having made are as nice as these ;)

Today I collect my wheels from Ibrar and the centres will be winging there way to my machinist. Photo's to follow as requested ;)

Lyndon.

They're nice - not £200 nice though.

I'd pay a reasonable fee for them, but not that much.

Certainly ask the mods and see what can be had for a Group Buy.

I hope the ones I'm having made are as nice as these ;)

Today I collect my wheels from Ibrar and the centres will be winging there way to my machinist. Photo's to follow as requested ;)

Lyndon.

Get some fitted pics up when you can, both.

Love these wheels on a Supra.

Get some fitted pics up when you can, both.

Love these wheels on a Supra.

You and me both mate ;) First time a saw a set on a Supra was also the first Single (T78) on a Du-Luck fronted Purple beast i ever saw. The chap ended up working for Abbey Motorsport, can't remember his name, nearly 10 years ago now :D

Lyndon.

You and me both mate ;) First time a saw a set on a Supra was also the first Single (T78) on a Du-Luck fronted Purple beast i ever saw. The chap ended up working for Abbey Motorsport, can't remember his name, nearly 10 years ago now :D

Lyndon.

Could be the one I own. His name was Phil.. She still have the same rims, Du-luck front, T78, Purple.. etc.

I will be interested...

As a price guide, when I bought my TTE centre caps, they cost £15.45 each.

I doubt very much you could make them for anywhere near that price, but getting a few sets made might get them down to a price that I may have to purchase a set just for the 'collection'. ;)