The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suggestion on machine polisher

Dim Sum

polish is pretty wet and dont really dry up. i just polished my dads boat today and there is no chance in .... that i would burn the yelcoat nor would it burn a paint. when using compound its a totally diffrent story as there is alot more cut in compound but if you compare compound used with foam and compound on wool pad there is a huge diffrence how fast it cuts. wool cuts super fast and foampad not so fast. that said you can still ruin your paintwork with compound of foam pad. if you are a beginner i would stay away from compound and use polish and machine the car maybe 2-3times to get most of the scratches etc away. its hard work but you will not really risk damaging anything unless you are totally reckless.

for me i started with a dual action and to be frank its reallty good for applying the 3M rosa(pink)(verry fine polish more like wax really) but if you want rid of scratechs with a dual action with foam pads is not really going to happend as there is really no cut to a dual action.

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

Don't get me wrong I would just like to think it would look better than if I did it by hand and that I might get rid of a few light scratches and swirls mainly.

it sure will and after a few times you will learn how to remove more and more scratches. go for it imo! the 3M pads blue/yellow are soft. the blue pad is super soft and once you have it in your hand and you can feel it you will understand when i say you are never going to burn/damage any paintwork with the blue pad and 3M ultrafina polish.

just to add, sounds like iam a salesman for 3M iam not but ive tried quiet a few products for proffesional use and 3M wins by miles. i would still like to try Menzerna products tho as ive heard lots about em. i used to work with Lahega/Smartab products and they need way more work to get same results and they take long time to get used to.