The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cheap laptop wanted

CJ

A friend of mine is sick of having to book PC time in the house she shares with her 3 teenage children and is now looking for a very cheap laptop.

She doesn't need a high end spec as all she uses it for is interwebnet surfing and word for her OU course work. Doesn't need wireless but if Office was loaded that would be a bully bonus.

Anyone have anything out there? Sub £100 would be good.

I can't help with a laptop, but OU students are eligible for the dirt-cheap Student Edition of MS Office.

Caveat: MS probably only sell the latest version of Office, which no doubt requires a fairly up-to-date machine to run it.

Thank you for the info - I will pass that onto her.

CJ,

I'm upgrading at the weekend.

I have a DELL Lattitude D505.

Its in perfect working order but is at least 5 years old now.

I purchased it in Serbia so the keyboard is not UK, most of the keys are in the same place, but the @ sign and a few others are out of UK order, its the full QWERTY keyboard.

Its got a DVD/RW

2 USB ports

Headphone and mic socket

Its not WI FI but I will throw in a super long ethernet cable.

Its loaded with a huge (not) 75GB hard drive

I'll leave over 10,000 music tunes on it, mostly 80s sorry.

Power cable and converter plug.

Its running with Windows and Microsoft Office Proffessional Edition 2003 all fully licenced.

I'll leave the Crap Cleaner on it, and the Avast Antivirus software.

Its running a pentium processer and a 1400mhzt with 760 MB of RAM.

I could reset this to factory settings if you like so it will be like new, except old if you know what I mean.

If the internet is all you need this for, it will be fine. It wont be suitable for todays gaming on line, it will work, but may run a little slow.

All I'll need to do is delete all my personal stuff, which may take a while.

Anyway

75 pounds + postage???

Please feel free to add any comments or value as I have no idea.

My Grandfather just got a new laptop so he has his old one as a spare. I just reformatted it etc and it sounds ideal for what you are after.

The only negative I can think of is that the battery is gubbed so it needs to be plugged in constantly.

If your friend is interested I can ask if he would be willing to part with it and how much he would need.

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this back up as I now need something for myself as since I had the good news about my illness, I have decided to go back to Kos for 2 months at the end of May and will need something to access the interwebnet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.