The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Which Boost Controller

Noz

must be someone out there with this answer /searches for the forum guru's :search:

I'm not really sure what you are after other than what has already been said? Is it the maths you are struggling with?

3 posts before yours is a video guide of how to set it and it said to have the gate pressure 3psi less than the intended boost pressure, if you want to run 1.2bar (17.4psi) then simply set the wastegate pressure to 1bar (14.4psi).

Or is it something else you are after?

Ahh forgot about those AEM videos on there site :) ile watch those again when i get home tonight .

serves me right for skimming the thread and not properley reading , thanks for answering Scott M and pointing me in the direction of those videos .

It was the spring pressure setting i was asking for on the AEM tru boost

Ile go back to learking now :p

Ahh forgot about those AEM videos on there site :) ile watch those again when i get home tonight .

serves me right for skimming the thread and not properley reading , thanks for answering Scott M and pointing me in the direction of those videos .

It was the spring pressure setting i was asking for on the AEM tru boost

Ile go back to learking now :p

Ahhahh, that explains it then :D

Useful thread this; explains the gain feature nicely which I've always ignored. One other setting I have is scramble boost but not exactly what it is/does? Any ideas?

Mainly looking at you Scott! :D

Useful thread this; explains the gain feature nicely which I've always ignored. One other setting I have is scramble boost but not exactly what it is/does? Any ideas?

Mainly looking at you Scott! :D

Scramble is basically an overboost setting. You can set it at whatever you like but when you hit the scramble button rather than making that the new setting and that's that, it instead changes to that config for xx seconds. I think on my trigger it was 30 seconds. It's basically a boost button for a small amount of time. I guess the theory is that your turbos can take a bit more power for a short time, than what you normally run them at.

Eg..

Setting 1 - 1.0bar

Setting 2 - 1.2bar

Scramble - 1.3bar

If you press the button for setting 1 it will run 1.0bar constant. If you press the button for setting 2 it will run 1.2bar constant. If you press the Scramble button it will run 1.3bar for 30 seconds then default back to the previous setting (either 1.0bar or 1.2bar).

I was a bit warey of running it on the stock tubbys but to be honest I doubt you would get much more than hot air from them anyway. You might get a good lift for a few seconds though, which is where I guess it is of use.

Scramble is basically an overboost setting. You can set it at whatever you like but when you hit the scramble button rather than making that the new setting and that's that, it instead changes to that config for xx seconds. I think on my trigger it was 30 seconds. It's basically a boost button for a small amount of time. I guess the theory is that your turbos can take a bit more power for a short time, than what you normally run them at.

Eg..

Setting 1 - 1.0bar

Setting 2 - 1.2bar

Scramble - 1.3bar

If you press the button for setting 1 it will run 1.0bar constant. If you press the button for setting 2 it will run 1.2bar constant. If you press the Scramble button it will run 1.3bar for 30 seconds then default back to the previous setting (either 1.0bar or 1.2bar).

I was a bit warey of running it on the stock tubbys but to be honest I doubt you would get much more than hot air from them anyway. You might get a good lift for a few seconds though, which is where I guess it is of use.

Nice one, thanks Scott. Run 1.2 bar anyway and since they are Jspecs there is little point risking them by running it higher - useful to know though for those odd times such as the pod.

I don't think I'd ever use the scramble setting. If its not mapped it, it's going to stress the engine out. And running more power, your want it every run, otherwise its just a tease.

I'd like about 10psi, so I would love to use the gain feature to keep the wastegate shut until 7psi, then open allowing for any spikes. Would be great to keep all the boost. Look forward to seeing if it helps spool on my next dyno.