The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pro Drag Street Series 2012

GazB

Hi all

As some of you know i've been running my car in the Pro Drag Street Series for a few years, i thought i'd do a new thread for the 2012 series.

Over the winter there has been some discussions and some minor rules changes, these being, tyres are anything you want, passenger seat can be removed and points will be issued for attendance and fastest ET within each time bracket. This should eliminate any equal positions.

Pro Street Drag Series Rules 2012

1. Entrants running in the Street Class can now benefit from the flexibility the Pro Class cars had. The rules for ANY road production cars attending the PSDS are now as follows.

2. ALL drivers MUST wear a crash helmet (A requirement of the raceway as for 2010 and now 2011). Cars running over 130 mph drivers will need a race suit, neck brace and full racing harness.

3. All cars must have a valid MOT (Proof may be asked for if there is doubt to whether the car is Street legal!).

4. If, on the off chance a car runs 9.30 seconds or better, they will fall into a separate 9.30+ Super Bracket, and points will be awarded as per the existing time brackets.

5. Roll bars are mandatory for vehicles capable of running 10.00 seconds or quicker, or over 130 mph. Roll bars are recommended for vehicles capable of running 11.00 seconds or quicker. For any open top cars competing, roll bars are mandatory for cars running 13.00 seconds or quicker. All roll bars must be fitted with adequate padding in the area around the drivers head. Arm restraints required in open top cars if running with the roof down.

6. Cars can remove one headlight to help get air into the engine bay.

7. Cars must have their OEM [Original Equipment Manufacture] working dashboard.

8. Cars exhaust systems must exit at the same area as the OEM vehicle.

9. Cars can also have the passenger and rear seats removed. Seats can be changed for aftermarket items like Sparco or Bride etc.

10. Fuel - Anything goes including NOS nitrous Oxide injection.

11. Tyres - Cars must run on radial tyres. Crossplys or Wrinkle wall tyres of any type are allowed. Drag Radials are fine so long as they are treaded and D.O.T stamped, and have a min of 1.6mm when you leave the strip. (If you are driving to and from the raceway PLEASE remember to use road legal tyres for the trip!).

12. No Tubular chassis cars.

13. Every car will be checked on the day by the raceways scrutineering team to make sure that the cars are safe before they get to run. No one is exempt.

At all 5 rounds a registration fee is required at signing on. All monies will be entered into an end of event prize fund to the day’s overall winner or class winners (this will be dependant on class entries). The registration fee is not mandatory. Only contributing drivers will be eligible for the prize payout – You have to be in it to win it!

As you have just read this is a very simple set of rules to follow! So enjoy your day and enjoy your car. Have fun and stay safe.

PSDS round dates for 2012 are as follows:

Sat March 31st/Sun April 1st - PSDS Test & Tune (Non points)

Rd 1 Sunday April 22nd - Public Track Day

Rd 2 Sunday June 10th - Public Track Day

Rd 3 Sunday July 22nd - Public Track Day/Ladies That Launch

Rd 4 Sunday Oct 14th - PPC magazine Public Track Day

Rd 5 Oct 28th - Halloween Bonfire Burn-Up Public Track Day

*Saturday's will be the usual test days except for round 1 as Saturday is an All Vauxhall Club Day

You can become part of this series very easily, please look at the web site for details

http://prostreetdragseriesuk.freeforums.org/index.php

Cheers

GazB

Good luck Gaz, i might come down to watch for a few rounds, really wish they did a class for fat ass lardy cars with no power (NAs)

Neil it doesn't matter what time you run, each time bracket is seperate. If you run 15's you run against other 15's, the quickest 15 ie 15.001 wins the time bracket.

I normaly run in the 11's, running mid/high 11's means its hard for me to win my bracket unless not many low 11 car turn up ;-)

Has most cars are always trying to run quicker times the low 11's sometimes run high 10's which moves them out of the 11 bracket.

When i've run 12 there is normaly quiet alot of competitions, i ran a 12.05 and finished 2nd at one event, a 12.02 won :-)

Sounds complicated but its easy really, turn up and run you times, try different things and see if you can get constant times, when you then make any upgrades you should see better times.

This is what draws me to drag racing, push the car and trying to do perfect runs, time after time. Very difficult to do and a bit of a challenge.

Edited by GazB (see edit history)

Neil it doesn't matter what time you run, each time bracket is seperate. If you run 15's you run against other 15's, this quickest 15 ie 15.001 wins the time bracket.

I normaly run in the 11's, running mid/high 11's means its hard for me to win my bracket unless not many low 11 car turn up ;-)

Has most cars are always trying to run quicker times the low 11's sometimes run high 10's which moves them out of the 11 bracket.

When i've run 12 there is normaly quiet alot of competitions, i ran a 11.05 and finished 2nd at one event, a 11.02 won :-)

Sounds complicated but its easy really, turn up and run you times, try different things and see if you can get constant times, when you then make any upgrades you should see better times.

This is what draws me to drag racing, push the car and trying to do perfect runs, time after time. Very difficult to do and a bit of a challenge.

Ahh i didn't realise that, i had a quick look to find all the classes and stuff but couldn't.

I will have a good look into doing this then :D

• 2 weeks later...