The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HID light not staying on?

Sted

Ballasts or the Bulb ???

When my HID's have been on for a long time The near side one goes out. If I turn them off and then back on again it will light up again but then goes straight out again. Any idea's if its the ballast or the bulb that is failing ? or should I just buy a new set :)

Does it happen when you go over a bump or anything? it could be loose/dodgy connections mate, had the same problem on mine...eventually after switching it on and off the drivers one just didnt switch on until i opened the bonnet gave the connector a tap and it flickered to life. Just unplug it, clean it out, blow out any dust and push it back into place, FIRMLY, not too much as to break it....never had a problem since.

If that doesnt work, try swapping the bulbs round on the ballasts, if the problem persists in the same light then its the ballast, if the problem persists in the other light then its the bulb, HTH

Guest Supra_boy

As said above, swap ballasts around then swap bulbs. It it comes on for a while then it should'nt be the bulb as it would'nt ignite. Try the swapping them about first.