The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just started my rebuild

Notts_TT

I don't really know him, I only really know of him as I now have his ex model working for me...

I'm not putting the blame on any one person, i just dont like that company as a whole. I've seen alot of bad feedback on them over the years, i decided to take a risk as i was assured the quality would be top notch and have regretted it ever since. Just goes to show, go with your instincts.

Hi guys, hit a bit of a wall while fitting the fmic, I've removed old smic and all piping and then routed all new pipes. A few questions ...?

1. Can I cut down the old power steering cooler to make it smaller so I can fit it to right of fmic?

2. Can the ac fan stay in place?

3. It seems to line up with the studs at bottom of bonnet catches but studs are too short?- pic below.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318001458.461663.jpg

Hi guys, hit a bit of a wall while fitting the fmic, I've removed old smic and all piping and then routed all new pipes. A few questions ...?

1. Can I cut down the old power steering cooler to make it smaller so I can fit it to right of fmic?

2. Can the ac fan stay in place?

3. It seems to line up with the studs at bottom of bonnet catches but studs are too short?- pic below.

The way I mounted it Dan, was to loosen the bonnet catches off, and mount the brackets behind the lip and in front of said catches, sort of sandwiched like:) then the studs should be long enough

Right, I have modified and moved the p s cooler, see pic and I have also fitted the walbro, fcd going in tomorrow...

If I fit decats will it go through a mot ??? It's a 94 tt j spec...

Will post some good pics tomorrow.

Depends on if you know a friendly MOT tester or not, either way its not on the register so should be tested from a "standard" which is alot more lenient. Mine failed the emissions test at first, then they realised it wasnt on the register so retested it with the standard perameters and it passed. If i were you i'd give it a really good run up on the way to be tested and leave the 2nd decat boxed in the boot to be on the safe side, should they need it.

I've had lots of bodykit parts from kr in the past and fitment has been great, the trial rear is a new mold and others here say it's a great fit ?

I'll let u know later if I can get rear bumper off :D

Any tips for removing tiger seal, oh and does the p s cooler look ok ?

Thanks

It's your post I saw mate saying how good fitment was on this, any tips or anything u know that could make fitting easier :D

its pretty straight forward but just take your time and just be prepared for a bit of messing around with sanding down areas... overal is went straight on, very impressed.

oh your power steering cooler will do the trick, SRD ps coolers are sweet though, but im not sure if he sells them seperately as they are part of his intercooler package.

its pretty straight forward but just take your time and just be prepared for a bit of messing around with sanding down areas... overal is went straight on, very impressed.

oh your power steering cooler will do the trick, SRD ps coolers are sweet though, but im not sure if he sells them seperately as they are part of his intercooler package.

Nice one thanks, a quick question though, how can I remove my old fibreglass vs spats, there heavily glued with tiger seal, the spats are just snapping , I had to smash the back part of the spat off to get the rear bumper off..

Thanks

Dan

Hi, I just need the decats on now and it's full bpu, I cut the old vs spats off today as they were tiger sealed on...

I fitted them do only I'm to blame.

Test fitted the trial rear today and it's not to bad of a fit with prep work, might have a play tomorrow to make it fit better...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318351237.559923.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318351262.372691.jpg