The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car won't idle, I have cleaned icv...

Notts_TT

Im not ignoring anything Scott, I will fill it with the best Shell money can buy tomorrow and see if that works, I'm needing some new plugs anyway, colder plugs ready for my bpu, what plugs do you suggest.?

What am I looking for when lookin at the coil pack, oh and where's the coil pack??? :-)

Cheers guys oh and I'm all ears....

It's not just spluttering, when you accelerate it totally bogs out as if it's cut out...

It revs smooth and clean when in neutral to a high rpm...

Abz is there a octain booster or something I could buy to help raise octane levels in the old fuel, or how do you totally drain the fuel tank.

Thanks

Think Scott has answered your question dude, lets us know how you get on :)

Hi, quick update, I couldn't get car to nearest shell station so I took a 20 litre tub and filled that with optimax, put it in tank and revved it for 15 minutes with no joy,after 5 mins warming it up and wait for new fuel to mix and come through i revved it up to 4500 rpm, as soon as it hit 4000 it backfired and chucked black smoke out, so I tried it again and it revved clean ???

Anyways I'm going to fill the 20 litre tub again later with shell and grab so plugs to try which Scott kindly advised.

Cheers guys

Dan